Pullstart

Mrs. Pullstart

Pullstart
8 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The BIG QUESTION—what does Mrs Pullstart stay about the name situation? Does she have an opinion or is it up to you and the girls? 

She’s not supposed to know about the tractor at this stage... It’s our little RedSquare secret...  :D

• Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

My lips are sealed!;)

• Thanks 1

rjg854

It's not nice to fool with momma  :ychain:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I’ve had to explain to,the girls before...  if you are keeping a secret from Mommy because it is a surprise, that is OK!  If it’s because you’ll be in trouble if she finds out, it’s best to just tell her before she finds out some other way!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

dells68

The second part of that sounds like you’re speaking from experience Kevin!

On 10/19/2018 at 10:46 PM, pullstart said:

I’ve had to explain to,the girls before...  if you are keeping a secret from Mommy because it is a surprise, that is OK!  If it’s because you’ll be in trouble if she finds out, it’s best to just tell her before she finds out some other way!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, dells68 said:

The second part of that sounds like you’re speaking from experience Kevin!

I don’t know what you mean

• Haha 3

dells68
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I don’t know what you mean

Somehow I don’t believe that.  It’s ok, we all plead the 5th sometimes!

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Did some mock up...  the hood stands are the same width!  The Charger stand is 1/2” higher, which might help with clearance of the big block.  Pay no mind to the funky rear fender placement, this is all rough rough rough draft.

69128DB4-5169-4757-BFDC-C13D46BF467B.jpeg.8c39c6761a2a8f0ab643458251c89e3c.jpeg5B40A072-F0A9-4F12-8480-D414D98B11F0.jpeg.f7c87385b908ee9250f173ef777a39af.jpegA4A06A9B-DF31-48BE-AD75-6F45292675B9.jpeg.c4144e9908c29df066a053246f81d1ff.jpeg

Now, it’s time to consider frame length.  I want to keep the hood the same length, stretching it just isn’t in my mind for this build.  For those who might not know, this isn’t my wife’s only tractor.  She has “Elvis Chompers” named by Rylee who just couldn’t roll Allis Chalmers off her tongue.

7E3AABBA-C2E1-49B7-8ACF-3F07E48ACFB3.jpeg.08c4c18adb85246e590ba719dec574c2.jpeg

My thoughts or challenge, is make a mini Allis front end out of the longer frame?  Shrink the frame to look stock?

WHAT SAY YOU?

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

I’m liking the direction Kevin.  You definitely have to say goodbye to the floorboards in favor of stirrups especially with the vintage round fenders.

That Allis is a great pattern.  It will take some ingenuity but the gloves are off now and you can take it in any direction necessary to make the look complete.  Everything is open to interpretation,  keep the Wheel Horse tradition by incorporating as many :wh: parts but fabricate the rest to make a well rounded machine...

This is a cool little project!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
Just now, PeacemakerJack said:

I’m liking the direction Kevin.  You definitely have to say goodbye to the floorboards in favor of stirrups especially with the vintage round fenders.

That Allis is a great pattern.  It will take some ingenuity but the gloves are off now and you can take it in any direction necessary to make the look complete.  Everything is open to interpretation,  keep the Wheel Horse tradition by incorporating as many :wh: parts but fabricate the rest to make a well rounded machine...

This is a cool little project!

Yeah, the floorboard just hasn’t been pulled, in fact I looked at the picture after I posted it, thinking why didn’t I pull that off?

as for Elvis, I even thought is would be cool to round out the hood to grill area, like the AC.  We’ll see, I still need to make it run!

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

The frame length is really a matter of opinion.  The factory :wh: look says chop the frame down, however my personal thought is to keep it long because the tractor is so custom already anyway...

”Elvis Chompers” :D I love it—that is classic right there!

• Thanks 2

Tractorhead

I like the optic by the chopped Hood, not sure if i would chopped the frame itself, but i think don't

Basically it has some Advantages, to keep frame as it is.( got some weird ideas therefore) 😅

For the name, i have an immediately tought - Independence recall

fits to the Stars &Stripe.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

My thoughts or challenge, is make a mini Allis front end out of the longer frame?  Shrink the frame to look stock?

WHAT SAY YOU?

Leave it Long

I kinda like the "Mini Alice" look..

Hmm... A name there too.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

I want to keep the hood the same length, stretching it just isn’t in my mind for this build.

:text-coolphotos:    I suppose if the battery were relocated to behind the hydro pump and the engine moved back it could work OK.  :confusion-confused:  Running boards would be OK if the rear kick up was taken off.   

• Like 1

Pullstart

Name ideas... Allis Star...  Allistaire?

I may work on putting it together as a long frame like Elvis.  I do like the idea of running the mower deck if needed, plus a bit more front end weight if she ever decides to tug-a-war with me or the kids!  If I present it to her and she’d rather have it shortened, the option is there.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

if you need to make room under the hood you can move the battery to the front and put it in its own little box out there.

• Like 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:    I suppose if the battery were relocated to behind the hydro pump and the engine moved back it could work OK.  :confusion-confused:  Running boards would be OK if the rear kick up was taken off.   

9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

if you need to make room under the hood you can move the battery to the front and put it in its own little box out there.

I might be crazy or inexperienced, but I think I’ll be able to move the engine right tight to the battery and with the extra hood height from the tower and a custom front mount, it should all clear just fine.  

I plan to notch the frame a bit for the oil pan and modify the steering shaft a bit too.  It’ll have some drop where the oil pan interferes.

19richie66

I would put the battery in front of the grille and dress it off as a "tombstone weight". I am sure you could weld up some kind of cover for it that looked like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
25 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

3 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I would put the battery in front of the grille and dress it off as a "tombstone weight". I am sure you could weld up some kind of cover for it that looked like that.

Now I understand what Eric was talking about, thanks Richie!  It would surely help clean things up.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Name ideas... Allis Star...  Allistaire?

Nice!  Allistar. pronounced  Alister’ as in the name of the actor who played the old black and white Scrooge that most of us have watched every Christmas for years...

Love the idea Richie and Eric of putting that battery out front and dressing it like a weight:thumbs:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

31 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Now I understand what Eric was talking about, thanks Richie!  It would surely help clean things up.

8 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Love the idea Richie and Eric of putting that battery out front and dressing it like a weight:thumbs:

Having a battery out in the front above the steering axle also helps balance out the tractor a bit in some cases. A lot of those older smaller ones just don't weigh very much in the front end likes to come off the ground pretty easily.

Richie, nice idea on the tombstone weight.

• Like 2

Pullstart
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Having a battery out in the front above the steering axle also helps balance out the tractor a bit in some cases. A lot of those older smaller ones just don't weigh very much in the front end likes to come off the ground pretty easily.

Richie, nice idea on the tombstone weight.

And then you have the slow :ROTF:people like me, who just don't get it when the carrot is dangling, but I feel like a potato 

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

And then you have the slow :ROTF:people like me, who just don't get it when the carrot is dangling, but I feel like a potato 

Kevin my man.

No worries.

I like carrots AND potatoes.

IT'S ALL GOOD.

• Haha 2

oliver2-44

Im liking this build and following along

• Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

We just saw an AC like that this weekend and as soon as I saw it I was highly aware of the presence of both my wife’s stare, and the weight of my wallet in my pocket. 

I would love to have the space (to use and store haha) a big Tractor like that. Every time I see my uncle I try to talk him out of his 48 Farmall 😂

Thats going to be a really cool tractor when it’s done.

• Thanks 1