mhlmeader

Hit and Miss garden tractor Build

ebinmaine

Absolutely excellent

• Like 1

mhlmeader

Now, i apologize for the lack of a driver in the video, but its just me, the dog, and the cat around here....and they cant drive a tractor....

It will pull me around, i weigh approx 250lbs.....but does struggle a bit on the slopes....moves at a VERY gingerly walking pace....

I think at this point its just a matter of fine tuning....i need more rpm's....bigger pulley up top, smaller down low.....lacks abit of torque...

Perhaps adjusting the clutch system...have to read up on that......

And i did add a spring on the govenor of the engine....some fellas will remove one, or change the size of them to get the engine to run slow......

Anywho...at this point, im gonna call it a success, and let it rest awhile....ive got waaaaay too many chores to attend to before snow flys...can ya dig it:)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

call it a success

YESS !!!

Huge :handgestures-thumbupright: !!!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

mhlmeader
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

YESS !!!

Huge :handgestures-thumbupright: !!!

Thanks, i didnt know if i could actually make it work.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
Just now, mhlmeader said:

Thanks, i didnt know if i could actually make it work.

I'd say you won

• Excellent 2

Tractorhead

Great !

All thumbs up 

I don't know you, but as i told you, no doubt about it, you will get it running.

Congrats to this success! 

That's realy that simple built.- perfect

looks funny :lol:

• Like 3

Pullstart

I read through this last night, quite the creation you’ve got there!  I like the I beam mount, looks like it’s meant to be there.

• Like 4

Tractorhead
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

I like the I beam mount, looks like it’s meant to be there.

Agree 100% 

• Like 2

953 nut

Here are a couple hit and miss powered :wh: from the Big Show. Photo complements of @Mike'sHorseBarn.

20160624_123207.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 2

Cvans

Nice to see the engine facing forward. Love the sound of the old engines.

• Like 1

Cvans

Nice to see the engine facing forward. Love the sound of the old engines.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Travas
      By Travas
      My sear st16 has a blown engine.its right at the bottom of the cooling fins, I believe the cylinder comes off seperate from the case. Not sure what in side looks lilke. all know is the its probaly filled with piston or con rod or something. the engine turns over half way and stops dead. the tractor is in pieces but i have all the peices i believe included the original owners manual. in great condition. Anywhere I can get that part? Or should I put different motor on it? backround info on the tractor. This sears is one of many lawn tractors on my grandfathers. He took great care of like everthing else he owned. sometime ago, it blew up and started taking it apart. the hood is off and put on a snapper outside to protect the engine. i have a box of parts sitting on the seat. its missing a rear wheel because i took it off for my grandpa because it fits his snowblower with a shattered rim. The Sears is sitting in the back of a shed so its not gonna get any worse. the mower deck is the only attachment i know of and its sitting outside somewhere. My plan is to restore the tractor and use it for its intended purpose. Any thoughts or suggestions?   I will put some pictures up soon.

• Daron1965
      By Daron1965
      So, on a rainy day, i was browsing local craigslist on other ads.  I stumbled across a good amount of hit n miss engines for sale.  I found a few Maytag 92 motors relatively close for sale.  Well, after talking to a member on here, Im hooked.  Im in the process of looking for the right one.  Im gathering parts to make a wagon mounted ice cream maker.

• mhlmeader
      By mhlmeader
      Hi folks, picked this up this evening.  Not much there to look at, but most of my motivation was looking for a decent prospect to put a hit and miss engine on.  The kohler actually runs pretty well though.  And the original motor came with it, although pretty much only in bits a pieces.  Only real concern right now is i cant get reverse to work, hopefully some searchin will instill some answers.  

Probably gonna just try to get revervse fuctional first. Then try to fit a hit/miss to it and see how it goes, if it turns out decent, ill think about tearing it down and doing some cleaning and painting.  Im thinkink of using a Stover model k 1 1/2 hp hit and miss.  Anywho just sharing, mike

• Rob R
      By Rob R
      Don't want to be "stoned" off this site but wanted to show you the last restoration (working tractor)
      I finished with a Sears Suburban SS15 which was covered but in the "woods" for 20+ years. Was 
      totally worth the effort and the thump of the OLD B&S 15  is a Joy...... Here's some Before and Afters
      Everything from the carb to the transmission need work but it was and is a solid as a rock......!