Tractorhead

Hello from Bavaria

Tractorhead

Hi all,

as i see, for most Wheel Horse owners, the 212-Series seems not be a real Wheel Horse,

because of different technical issues.

I got my little Tractor for free, after it was in a burning Garage.

So the first impression was - oh my God - but i loved the Shape of that little Tractor, so i decided, to bring it back to work.

i changed new tyres on, i rebuilt the electric, as far as it will be needed then i do the first mow.

ok, the Blades was also not that sharp, so i changed them to brand new ones.

i have the three blade deck, what was also very damaged in the last few years (it was a 1989 build)

I refurbish the engine as far as needed, i cleaned and rework the steering axle, even the grease connectors,

put new lights on, because some parts are melted, give a new steering wheel from a kia with Airbag - (deactivated)

and so on...

The last few months, it worked so far better than i expected, so i rebuilt it step by step.

In case of the fire, the damages was not so dramatical, the most troubles was happen from the firefighters.

shure they don't have to save it in good condition, they just have to stop the fire - thats it.

i agree to that 100% - but everytime i looked this little tractor, i hear a voice inside me "please save me"

Ok, i will do so.

Actually, i use it as my personally multi tool. To do that, i added some features.

first i gets an european Trailer Hook from an Iveco - yes 2Tons of capacity was a bit funny, but it fits perfect and i can use my car trailer

- a light 700kg type, what fits perfectly and the optic looks pretty nice.

The Power of the Onan e125V is strong enough, to climb also 17% upwards, more than enough for my needs.

To be nearly perfect multi tool, i added a strong frame improovement and a hydraulik Frontloader.

it have just lifted a maximum of 100 Kilos and just if it really needed, but the ability to lift is 700Kilos.

i know, 100 kilo on frontloader was about 200 kilos on front axle. 

I do not want to kill it, it was just a ability to do in case.

Nearly the whole Front loader was made of Aluminium.

Except the mainholder and Frameimproovement, they are made of steel.

Just have to deal with oil consumption, it seems, the intake valve seal seems to be defect.

So the "little Pusher" blows blue Oilsmell while Start.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

Welcome To Red Square... Very impressive set you have!!!

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS: Tractorhead ...very neat, thanks for sharing! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hello Paul,

thanks for the flower.

One Question i have, i am searching for all Original documents, because everything what was available before,

Is all burned down in and within the Garage or is destroyed later by firefighting.

Few documents i have again allready, i found here in that forum, thanks for that so far !

The reason of my need, i must mow and snow plow around our House,

collecting leaves with my sweeper and some issues more what i use "the little Pusher" for,

make it for me neccessary to drive on the road.

To avoid trouble with our local country Sheriffs, i like to make it official Street Legal. 

It was not completley impossible, but as much original technical Data i can serve,

that easier it will be, what are hopefully available for this little Tractor.

Data i missing:

maximum Load on the Axels (once front once rear) 

Empty weight of whole tractor and absolute maximum weight or (absolute max. Load ) axle independent.

thanks for support if available ahead.

regards

Stefan

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Tractorhead welcome to RED Square , I like the work you have done to your tractor.

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: @Tractorhead Stefan!   I’ve been to Bavaria, heading to München again next year, about this time!  :orcs-cheers:    Nice loader, that looks like it’s built quite nice.  Did you do the aluminum welding?  

Here is my “German kid” Jil after driving my 502 in the field this past August.  She’s from Duisburg, she was our exchange student 5 years ago, now she’s in college.

10BB3FB1-050E-42F1-AE2D-CB2E56EEF8B9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Digger 66

I glanced at the title really quick and thought it said " Hello from Batavia "( a town about 30 miles east of me ) .

Oh well , Welcome anyway from a zillion miles away .

Nice rig too ! 

• Haha 1

gwest_ca

Machineguy

:text-welcomewave:

AMC RULES

:WRS:            :greetings-wavingyellow:

welcomewagon.gif.ebc92f2a72e09b0ec3f711e051d0ce22.gif565993183_righthorse2.png.c0047c3ae6daf7e2f27d0994e3e01ace.png

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:               we have several European members with some wonderful :wh:, glad you joined us.  

Tractorhead
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: @Tractorhead Stefan!   I’ve been to Bavaria, heading to München again next year, about this time!  :orcs-cheers:    Nice loader, that looks like it’s built quite nice.  Did you do the aluminum welding?  

Here is my “German kid” Jil after driving my 502 in the field this past August.  She’s from Duisburg, she was our exchange student 5 years ago, now she’s in college.

I have seen your putt putt, while i am searching for blades and info's about "the little Puller" in the WEB.

i like it, because it's nice and clean. Nice Work ! 

I like it also to work with my "little Puller" ,

ok Farmersman look sometimes a bit courios to me, but i have my Fun, that is all the work worth.

Sometimes they are impressed, when they see what i did handle with. (Even try to lift a Car Back)

And did i told it - it was daddy's Toy - only daddy's Toy nothing else -  that is the real.

There is absolute no real need, but Tons of Fun, while working with it - especial the Frontloader, was complete my own construction.

i love the easy guidance by Hydraulics, it saves me Backpain, but that's not the issue -

..... and did i told it - It makes just FUN! Hahaha.

The Aluminum is Wig Welded, few welds i made myself (i am a WIG rookie) the other made a professional, who guided me.

I tested the Welding for Stability (by substructure the front axle with few wood blocks to release it) in follow Way:

my Car has a trailerhook.... 

the whole car wights about 980 Kilos.

i use a Pulling Rope (with 2To. Stability) and lift the rear of the Car with the released Frontaxle on the Tractor.

the Hydraulics is able to deal with more than 4Tons on both Arms together at 210 Bar.

This Value is just calculated, i don't want to test it, because the improoved frame is not that stable to deal with.

i have the hydraulic now limited to max. About 6-700kilos, by reduce the Oil pressure,

that means, i will be able to lift a half car, if it will be neccessary even if front axle on the horse give up.

In case of emergency i wanna have that option, no care about front axle ! 

It is not the final stadium, because in winter falls snow - so a simple cabin shall be able to be mounted.

but i planing and thinking about first, because it must be quick removable and

it must be in optical conjunction with the shape of "the little Puller"

I don't want to make it ugly or quick and dirty

Regards

Stefan

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:  another nice save, good work :text-goodpost:

Tractorhead
10 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Thank you a lot Garry, youre my best Buddy in case of Information,

all the months ago i searching about the 200 series, your Information shall be the best ! 

Thumbs up for your Work, thanks therefor !

One issue i have -  i wonder about  Serialnumber in combination with Timeline.

The Tractor i have, was a purchase in 1989 that is shure, but about the Serialnumber verification (now) tellsme,

it shall be an 1991 built,

All info's i got before with the Tractor, it was definitiv a purchase in 1989 - wondering a bit about.

For me, that Info is realy important, while make it street legal. 

I have no more evidence, because all old documents with marked purchasedate was gone or be just in parts readable.

- so i trash it - not my best idea.... Damn, i know...

Regards

Stefan

• Like 1

gwest_ca

A purchase in 1989 could be a 1989 model or an early 1990 model as the 1990 models would have been released in late 1989.

Does the engine still have a decal with the engine model number and serial number on it?

The tractor model numbers identify the engine brand used

K is Kawasaki

O is Onan or Toro Power Plus/Onan

B is Briggs & Stratton

I am not familiar with these engines so it is possible an Onan filter would fit any of them.

The E is for Eaton hydro transmission.

The A, E and R usually identify export US produced models and the differences are safety equipment and decals for a specific region.

Have seen a 1989 US model number show up in Australia so could have also gone to Europe. 

These are all the 212-H models we know about. Clicking on a line should take you to the illustrated parts lists.

Maroon hood stripe

32-12BE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (1989)

A2-12KE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (1989) - Export model

E2-12KE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (1989) - Export model

R2-12KE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (1989) - Export model

First year for black hood stripe.

32-12OE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (1990) - Perhaps this is the one you have. Onan engine and available in late 1989.

Black hood stripe

32-12BEA2 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991)

32-12BEA3 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991)

32-120EA1 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991) - Toro mistake. Should be 32-12OEA1 (Used 0 for O)

32-12OE02 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991)

A2-12KE02 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991) - Export model

R2-12OE01 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 1000001 - 1999999) (1991) - Export model

32-12OE03 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 2000001 - 2999999) (1992)

R2-12OE02 (212-H) - Toro 212-H Tractor (SN: 2000001 - 2999999) (1992) - Export model

Garry

gwest_ca

The black strip around the top of the hood and headlamps indicate it is a 1990 model if the colour is original.

In 1989 that stripe was maroon.

Garry

Tractorhead

Thanks Garry so far for your Info.

On the Tractor i found a small Service (decal) sign inside the right side of the Engine Hood from the Dealer,

it was with a delivery date stamp from 10/89, with 2 followed service marks for /90 and /91

what shall be delivery in October of 1989.. And each year Service in 90 and 91.

So in that case, it make sense that it maybe an 1990- er Modell or facelift.

The decal was a bit flaky from the fire, so i try to clean it by a light fingerwipe, but it flakes down immediately...

damn -no pic from it before... However !

It is an Original 212-5 , Five speed manual Gear with an Onan E125V Engine.

The original hour meter shows 2642 h and it is still continouse working.... When engine is starting, i wonder about, but it does.

A lot of hours for that little Tractor, he lasted until now....

The light Oil-mist while Starting, seems to come from intake valve Seal.

the rest of the Engine except carb stay's in good condition, so far as it can after the Fire.

because of beginning strong Rust after a longer delay in fire extinguishing powder,

i have to clean up several Parts ,especially the hood.

while grinding down, i must remove the rest of non readable Service Sign..

The Files you provide was a huge help for me, (thanks again therefore) to find out more about my Tractor.

Just about the Serial number, it shall be 2 Years newer than the Service Sign tells me,

that is the only issue i wonder about.

service Sign tells 10/89 Serialnumber tells 1991/92...

curious.

Anyhow, it is still working and will be grown up.

Next step after Winter, will be a rework on the Engine, to stop the Oil- mist.

image.jpeg

gwest_ca

Shows how much I know about these models. I thought it was a hydro model. Click on the pictures

Sorry we do not have a German operator manual

Garry

Tractorhead
17 hours ago, pullstart said:

If you Stay next year in Munich, feel free to contact me.

Maybe we can meet face to face, if you like.

More info's via PM.

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Hey Garry,

thanks a lot for your guidance and clearify about the Date of my Tractor.

Independent what was signed on the Tractor before, it must be an 1991er build or Modell.

how and why it was handled as an 89 -  modell - who know's...    

So every issue points to it, that it is definitiv an 91- Modell.

In my case, try to get it road- legal, all is fine - as far if i have any evidence, that it will be made before 1993.

Tractorhead

I love to work with it! 

Even out in Backyard, everything is very usable...

Had a small fail today, but with the Homemade Frontloader everything could be fixed quick without Backpain....

Real fun to work with..

- Never will miss it. :lol::ph34r:

Wheelhorse Rules

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Excellent 2