Lane Ranger

I got to fly in the Ford Tri-Motor Today-September29, 2018

Achto

That's awesome Lane!!! So glad that you had a chance to fly in it. Those old radial engines are so cool.

• Like 2

JAinVA

I love airplanes and have been able to be around many during my years working for NASA.I never get enough of  the sound of any radial engine.Jets just suck and blow.It looks like quite a fun outing.I think I will save my money for a chance to fly on a 17.Glad you enjoyed your flight.Thanks for sharing the pictures! JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                     Don't know if that flight was on your bucket list but it is on mine now!              :woohoo:

• Like 1

Jerry77

Thanks for the pics....I would do that in a heartbeat.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701

great pics, I am old airplane nut.  I have enormous collection of model planes, my other hobby besides tractors 

• Like 1

WHX??

That was cool Lane ...thanks for taking us along .... Yes those radials are just plain cool! We would all be speaking a different language without them. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Daddy Don

The love of life is flying. I was a crew chief on the f100 and the f4 phantom. I love all aircraft. Thanks for the trip that you showed us. The plane looks great.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

When I was about 14 we went on spring break to Manning, SC to help a bachelor clean out his mess of a house, in exchange for flying lessons and a boat trip all the way to Charleston, through the enormous locks and all that were up river.  He was a family family friend, his brother died in an airplane wreck drop dusting a few years before locally here in MI.  I imagine it was a Cessna or the like, but Mike taught my brother and I how to take off, fly “the pattern” and land.  My 16 year old brother wasn’t too fond or being in the front, so I was able to get a lot of seat time that week.  By the end, I could take off and land, with Mike the pilot quiet and his hands and feet off the controls.  There were some cross winds, so we learned what it meant to crab walk into a landing too.  That was probably the most fun of it all!  I’ve always had an interest in flying, but haven’t ever been in a cockpit since that week.  Thanks for sharing, Lane!

• Like 3

Chris G

That does sound and look like it was a very awesome opportunity! Thanks for sharing

• Like 1