Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

How does the D series snow plow hook up?

bo dawg

May sound stupid but since I'm new to the big D's, does anyone have a picture or diagram of how exactly the snow plow hooks up on the mid lift? It has the spring loaded rod too. Its a bit different looking then the C's and I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, bo dawg said:

May sound stupid but since I'm new to the big D's, does anyone have a picture or diagram of how exactly the snow plow hooks up on the mid lift? It has the spring loaded rod too. Its a bit different looking then the C's and I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks

@Sarge, think you can help Bo out here?

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Click on the fuzzy picture

DNA

1973 model 6-1131 (54") replaced by

1974 model 6-1141 (56")

1975 model 6-1142 (56")

1976 model 66-56BA01

1977 model 76-56BA01

1978 model 86-56BA01

1979 model 96-56BA01

1980-1982 model 06-56BA01

Garry

• Excellent 1

Sarge

The spring-loaded lift link comes into the blade's frame from the left side, washer and hairpin clip on both top and bottom studs. I can try to get a picture, later on, a bit dark out there right now...

That link is adjustable, read up on it in the instructions. It does work well to allow some down pressure while allowing some float - that blade is so heavy it cuts quite well.

Sarge

bo dawg
5 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Click on the fuzzy picture

DNA

1973 model 6-1131 (54") replaced by

1974 model 6-1141 (56")

1975 model 6-1142 (56")

1976 model 66-56BA01

1977 model 76-56BA01

1978 model 86-56BA01

1979 model 96-56BA01

1980-1982 model 06-56BA01

Garry

Thanks Garry, this is exactly what I needed. I was searching on here in the Manual section but couldn't come up with it. 

I installed it yesterday to what seemed correct, but according to this I have the spring assy up side down and in the wrong hole on lift bar. Lol! 

I was afraid of the long end of the assy lift rod sticking up into the tractor and hitting somewhere, so I thought it pointed down.

Glad I see this now.

bo dawg
3 hours ago, Sarge said:

The spring-loaded lift link comes into the blade's frame from the left side, washer and hairpin clip on both top and bottom studs. I can try to get a picture, later on, a bit dark out there right now...

That link is adjustable, read up on it in the instructions. It does work well to allow some down pressure while allowing some float - that blade is so heavy it cuts quite well.

Sarge

Thanks Sarge, after looking at the post Garry added I can see clearly now. Wow now I have that song in my head...… I can see clearly now the rain is gone...…. Lol

• Like 1

Sarge

One real important tip - unless you want an immeasurable amount of misery, watch what you're doing with that plow. One good, hard shock load against that pump coupling and it may blow the splines out, which results in a lot of money/time/aggravation.

Sarge