All Terrain C-81

wfrpalm

Pretty cool.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Looks great, Thanks for sharing the photos and video.   :thumbs2:

• Like 1

peter lena

good job, adapting  the horse to your needs, good choice on the square tube and welding, more than enhances its working ability. having cleared a few lots , I wish I had your horse there as the power point to get things done. that winch is a great stand off puller, thank you for the pictures/ video , pete 

• Like 3

Machineguy

Wouldn’t feel like sharing the wheel and tire sizes would you? 

I’ve considered ATV tires and I like your setup! 

Edited by Machineguy

BOB ELLISON

Thank you I love that little 8 hp engine on my B80. Great job converting it to a real workhorse. Very nice and professional video. 

• Like 1

Daron1965

The video is very good.  That is a great all purpose tractor. :text-bravo:

AMC RULES

Nice work, very cool tractor. :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

Very nice looking ATGT!

You did an excellent job on the fabrication, kept the Wheel Horse "original" without chopping it up and also a fabulous job on the video. 

My wife was also impressed with this machine!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

WOW!!! 

That :wh: thing is a beast.   :eusa-clap: 

• Like 4

Sparky
17 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

WOW!!! 

That :wh: thing is a beast.   :eusa-clap: 

I second what @AMC RULES said!! 

My neighbor and I used to do a lot of trail riding. It was a blast!! 

Digger 66

I kicked around getting a tractor for our trail work days but we have so many steeeep hills and off-camber trails , I just can't see how a 2 WD machine would work .

Also nice to see you fellas wearing helmets ! 

Accidents can happen at 1 MPH just as easily as 30 .

And good choice on the Kenda HTR's . AWESOME 8 ply tire ! 

nuT3iFN.jpg

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 1

19richie66

Nice job on the modifications. I really like it.

littleredrider

I had the HTRs on my machine and did OK in the mud, but without enough wheel speed they don't clean out. Even then they weren't great. I had an XXC 1000 with pipes and a clutch and would spin the tires on dry pavement at 35mph. All my pics are on my phone, but  on my g/f tractor with the loader I put Super Swamper Vampires, 25x12.5x12s on 10" wheels. They fit under the stock pan with no mods. The lugs are 1.5" so just laughs at mud and even snow. They are 6 or 8 ply, super heavy duty. Now just need to finish it. Below is a link to what they look like, but I sure didn't pay that. Only $25 each..

https://www.motosport.com/product/?cc=us&creative=76553558507202&device=c&key=Interco-Super-Swamper-Vampire-Tire&mrkgadid=3309624575&mrkgcl=500&product_id=ICO0005-X001-Y006&psreferrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsuper%2Bswamper%2Bvampire%2Batv%26FORM%3DHDRSC2&pssource=true&rkg_id=0&segment=badger&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Bing_PLA&variant[ICO0005]=ICO0005-X001-Y006

PeacemakerJack

That is a crazy multipurpose   :wh: for sure.  I don’t know if Eric @ebinmaine has seen this thread or video but I’m sure he would enjoy it as I have.  Your tractor looks like it would be right at home in his property up in Maine.  

You did did a good job building it and then putting it to the extreme test. You had some parts failures, you learned a few things, now back to the shop to build it a little stronger and take care of those issues so that you are even more prepared for your next trail ride.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That is a crazy multipurpose   :wh: for sure.  I don’t know if Eric @ebinmaine has seen this thread or video but I’m sure he would enjoy it as I have.  Your tractor looks like it would be right at home in his property up in Maine.  

You did did a good job building it and then putting it to the extreme test. You had some parts failures, you learned a few things, now back to the shop to build it a little stronger and take care of those issues so that you are even more prepared for your next trail ride.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for pulling me in on this Josh.

I saw it a few weeks ago when it was first posted but I never got a chance to watch the video.

Awesome machine there Karl!

Tractorhead

What a Rock solid Beast ! 

Seems you have a lot of Fun with it 👍

Good implementation, it seems everything belongs like it is - like it

Crazy_Carl

I've had some time on my hands lately so I made some improvements to my clutch, belt drive and I installed a dual throttle on my K181.

Dual throttle Youtube video

IMG_2759.JPG.1549aa882fa9dc76fd537205ec666264.JPG

fullsizeoutput_30d.jpeg.ea417c28a921576a166c61f1c2ba504e.jpeg

IMG_2789.JPG.7a992d4d3b0e64c42a58fd652b0e60c0.JPG

So I've installed a voltmeter on this tractor next to the factory ammeter which doesn't really work.  I'd like to replace the ammeter with a 2" tachometer but I'm looking for technical advice on how to do that on a K181 with a 12v coil ignition that uses points.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2755.JPG

ebinmaine

There's a thread on redsquare somewhere about a tach in a C series.

@953 nut or @Ed KennellKennell maybe??

It can be done...

That double throttle is a cool idea.

Crazy_Carl

Thanks for tagging those guys.  I tried searching the forum a little bit but since I'm a newbie here I don't know my way around too well.  Here's some more pictures I wanted to upload.

fullsizeoutput_324.jpeg.9500bb33f32a11e5d8c3dd5011b7bd8f.jpeg

IMG_2788.JPG.b5d6bf401dfb9a0782a8f4594def51eb.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG.4e80e162e57da6fa35dd7e281a92da6e.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Crazy_Carl said:

Thanks for tagging those guys.  I tried searching the forum a little bit but since I'm a newbie here I don't know my way around too well

You're welcome. No worries.

FYI on the searching.

I do have a PC at home but I rarely use it as we have canceled internet and cable.

99% of my activity online is with a mobile phone.

The experience with the two different devices is vastly different.

I have a fair amount of difficulty searching for things on this mobile phone that I can find in just a couple minutes on the PC. I'm nowhere near enough of a technology whiz to tell you why.

Luckily the folks on this site are very kind and generous and more than willing to share information so they help me out a lot.

As to your ammeter. I hope you have disconnected it?

I don't leave any ammeters in any of my tractor's because I am not anywhere near a fan of them.

A broken voltmeter is an inconvenience. A shorted ammeter can burn your tractor and everything around it.

ebinmaine

Carl take a read down through all of the info on this particular thread

• Excellent 1

Crazy_Carl

Well I got a new tattoo as a tribute to my love of Wheel Horse tractors and especially my off road C-81.

I did get my tach installed, calibrated, and after the company sent me a new backlight, it lights up too.  I also fabbed up a new stronger gas pedal with some anti-slip grooves in it.  I installed a harley sportster battery for more CCA in a compact package that won't spill acid when I get the tractor sideways.  I also bolted a cheap $7 harbor freight tow hook to the back.

Here's the latest video of me riding it with other Wheel Horses in Ohio.

riding video

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

5A2BC383-EAB4-4984-9D3B-F852F9461804.jpg

IMG_3224.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2