mhlmeader

New Lawn Ranger and learned some lessons

oldredrider

Advice...buy a lottery ticket!:ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

jellyghost

Great find.  Just being nosey, is that a hit and miss engine collection?

• Like 2

mhlmeader
26 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

Great find.  Just being nosey, is that a hit and miss engine collection?

Thankyou, and yes it is, i like to watch them spin")

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Chris G

Nice find and love the old hit miss engines as well

• Thanks 1

KC9KAS

Nice looking Lawn Ranger.

Some boiled linseed oil on that nice patina will be the icing on the cake!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, mhlmeader said:

.MONKEY MUFFINS!!!!.  

Lesson #2.  When checking for spark with the pull starter, make sure you have the ignition switch TURNED ON!  BEFORE, you decide theres no spark, AND pull apaert the flywheel to "inspect" things.  Yup, that was me. Heres my sign!

First of all. Nice find on that horse.

Second of all. Monkey muffins????

Must have been extremely serious too have monkey muffins involved.

Ignition switch. Spark. Yeah. Good thing I've never done that.:hide:

Maybe you could make a thread in the Other Brands section about those hit and miss engines? There's a whole bunch of us that would love to see and hear those and more information about them.

• Like 4

mhlmeader
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe you could make a thread in the Other Brands section about those hit and miss engines? There's a whole bunch of us that would love to see and hear those and more information about them.

Absolutely. I will do that.

• Thanks 1

520hC-120

Nice score!

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

Absolutely. I will do that.

Super cool man. Thanks. Please be sure to call me into the thread or send me a PM when you do.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Look for an ID plate riveted to the top of the rear hoodstand just below the hood. Should have the model number and serial number stamped into it. Don't know where else it could be.

Some of the model numbers are on this page. 1965 model L-155, 1966 model L-156 and 1967 model L-157 are missing. These 3 are electric start models.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/search/models/?searchTerm=lawn+ranger

The numbers off the engine may identify the tractor.

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, mhlmeader said:

is there a specific model number for this tractor.? Range of year of manufacture?

There should be a sticker or tag with a model number and serial number on it. Appears to be a 1964 to 1967, but I am no expert on the Lawn Rangers. The steering wheel will probably pin it down. If @Lane Ranger comes along I'm sure he will know.

• Like 1

mhlmeader
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

There should be a sticker or tag with a model number and serial . If @Lane Ranger comes along I'm sure he will know.

Actually i just found that tag this morning. L-156.  

• Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Click on the fuzzy picture. We do not have an original manual for 1966.

Garry

• Like 1

Pullstart

Such a clean shop...  nice little LR, and thanks for bringing us along on your day long adventure!  We got a lot accomplished!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
29 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

Actually i just found that tag this morning. L-156.  

The 1967 "L-157" is essentially the same tractor, this manual may come in handy.

Lane Ranger

It has to be a 1965, 1966 or 1967.  If no tag on left side of tower by lift handle the  need to be looked at closely for metal tags.  Two spoke steering wheel on these models.   Same basic tractor for three years.   The gear driven mower deck may provide clues if they have tags.   RM-115 is 1965, RM-116 is 1966 , etc

My 1967 has a ST-324 Wheel Horse snowthrower on it that I use almost every winter!

Does not throw the snow thirty feet like more powerful motors but the 6 HP motor does a good job and I do not normally have to shovel the drive!

102_0278.JPG

100_7562.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

D. McKinley

Hi sir I have a dumb question about my lawn ranger deck, I removed the spindle cover and it was full of grease, is this correct? I was thinking it's just an access hole to grease the spindle 

20190331_133941.jpg

20190331_134150.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

@D. McKinley...you are correct. Under that grease you will find a grease fitting.  It is a little hard to hit when you pull that plug, but that is what is going on.  welcome to Red Square.  Next time, it would be better if you started your own post on a subject, and not add on to one that is over a year old.  :occasion-xmas:  You will get more members to see your thread.

D. McKinley

Thanks for the quick response and the point in the right direction 

• Like 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, D. McKinley said:

Thanks for the quick response and the point in the right direction 

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Steve will set you in the right direction, he’s a smart cookie with or without his Rock n Rye :handgestures-thumbupright:  If you’re new to Wheelhorse, you’re right around the corner from the best tractor show ever, coming up in June.  Check out this area for more info...

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/13-wheel-horse-collectors-club-show/

• Excellent 1

953 nut
15 hours ago, D. McKinley said:

Hi sir I have a dumb question about my lawn ranger deck,

:WRS:

The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked and results in a major repair because of a lack of maintenance.  One thing we request of our new members,    :wwp: