Justice77

New Member - So. Maine

Justice77

Hey there!

Checking in from So. Maine. Love these old tractors.

Came across one that put a smile on my face so I grabbed it

Will post shortly in top forum.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Daron1965

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Great forum,  great people here,  very helpful. 

• Excellent 1

Machineguy

:text-yeahthat: :text-welcomeconfetti:

ebinmaine

A fellow mainah!!!

To

:rs: 

rjg854

:WRS:  saw your pictures, nice little ride :handgestures-thumbupright:

KC9KAS

@Justice77 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

520hC-120

AMC RULES

Near to Portsmouth, are you? 

:WRS:

welcomewagon.gif.a7f55992c49fad427701c070f61250a8.gif5ba8b8316e5c6_righthorse2.png.e96c516a82e9232431ed1be6ab4599b9.png

953 nut

Glad you found us. Tell us a little about yourself and your :wh:.      Are you already looking for another one, they can be addictive you know!

5ba8be1be9bb0_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.c4204a4d72e7ad45143e758698dc94a1.jpg

Justice77
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

A fellow mainah!!!

To

:rs: 

Yessah!

Justice77
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Near to Portsmouth, are you? 

welcomewagon.gif.a7f55992c49fad427701c070f61250a8.gif5ba8b8316e5c6_righthorse2.png.e96c516a82e9232431ed1be6ab4599b9.png

Close to Alfred Village.

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Justice77 said:

Close to Alfred Village.

Jump out on 35 North and hang a left at the new Rotary on 5 North and go up to Cornish and you'll be just around the corner from me

Justice77
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Glad you found us. Tell us a little about yourself and your :wh:.      Are you already looking for another one, they can be addictive you know!

5ba8be1be9bb0_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.c4204a4d72e7ad45143e758698dc94a1.jpg

Well, I grew up in So. Maine. 53 now and taking some time to play with old tractors. Also have a '55 or '56 Bolens Ride-O-Matic that looks somewhat like my '60 Suburban, a Simplicity 6216 hydro, Bolens ST125, an old Yardman to build a racer out of over the winter, and a mint Craftsman LT 1000 woods / mud mower - pulley swapped and soon to have ATV wheels and tires and better steering.

Funny that I wasn't even looking for the Suburban. I met a farmer Saturday and we got to talking about projects. I mentioned a '78 Fiat 124 Spider I restored last winter and he was shocked as he lead me to his garage to show me an early 80's Spider he has. Then I asked about his border collie that was following us around and he mentions that she's due to have pups in a week or so. Until a few weeks ago I had 2, 14 y.o. sibling border collies and that one died... So I'm down one. He's going to contact me when I can see the new pups.

I bought the gocart / buggy from him - which has the heavy Wheel Horse trans assembly under it - I mostly wanted it for the steel, steering and misc parts for my projects, but will likely find a use for that trans. Started talking about old tractors and he leads me to a bramble patch with the '60 Suburban buried in it. I made him an offer and got it and the trailer and not orig. mower deck. He's in his 60's and said that this was the first tractor he operated as a kid. It was his grandfathers.

Justice77
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Jump out on 35 North and hang a left at the new Rotary on 5 North and go up to Cornish and you'll be just around the corner from me

I am familiar with Cornish. Been metal detecting a few times with a guy fm Cornish. He owns Maine Stove and Chimney in Sanford.

I also use to drive through often in winter when I worked part time at Shawnee Peak as a snowmaker.

ebinmaine

Sounds like you've had a couple of cool things happened to you recently and in the past. Thanks for sharing that. That's pretty awesome.

I don't have a heck of a lot of Suburban Parts but if you need something, let me know. If I don't have it, one of the other people on redsquare almost certainly will or Lincoln at A - Z tractor.

Somehow or another you've managed to trip over a website that is absolutely fantastic people. Top to bottom.

I've been on here for a couple years now and I can't even begin to tell you the things that I've learned about not just Wheelhorse, life in general, many other things.

This is actually the only social media site that I use at all.

as the others have said, you might as well start clearing out room in the shed. These wheel horses are definitely a herd animal. Tendency to become very addicting.

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: Justice77

Justice77
21 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Sounds like you've had a couple of cool things happened to you recently and in the past. Thanks for sharing that. That's pretty awesome.

I don't have a heck of a lot of Suburban Parts but if you need something, let me know. If I don't have it, one of the other people on redsquare almost certainly will or Lincoln at A - Z tractor.

Somehow or another you've managed to trip over a website that is absolutely fantastic people. Top to bottom.

I've been on here for a couple years now and I can't even begin to tell you the things that I've learned about not just Wheelhorse, life in general, many other things.

This is actually the only social media site that I use at all.

as the others have said, you might as well start clearing out room in the shed. These wheel horses are definitely a herd animal. Tendency to become very addicting.

Thanks Eric! I may look for a plow / dozer blade. Also on the look-out for an old, smallish york rake I can convert from 3 pt. or to convert one of my tractors to a 3 pt. I'm on a dead-end gravel road that could stand to be raked out a few times a year.

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, Justice77 said:

Thanks Eric! I may look for a plow / dozer blade. Also on the look-out for an old, smallish york rake I can convert from 3 pt. or to convert one of my tractors to a 3 pt. I'm on a dead-end gravel road that could stand to be raked out a few times a year.

The tractors we have here are a little larger than a Suburban. My honey has a 1967 657.

That's the smallest one. We have two others that run and drive and we're in the middle of building a c-160.

I don't really have a personal weight or power comparison to a Suburban but I know these larger tractors are very good at plowing and grading.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to speak for the others on the site when I say that we would all love to see the pictorial if you fabricate or modify a three-point or a York rake.