McGrew

Headlight Upgrade?

McGrew

Guys,  I have the mechanicals on my Raider 10 to the point where it is dependable.  I am going to pull the hood off soon and do some tweaking.  It got a little twisted during an “off-road adventure” while under my Brother’s care...  The headlights have not been hooked up in quite some time, and I plan to make them functional, but want to upgrade to LED if I can make them work in the original location.  I am not interested in bolting something extra on the hood.  I know I won’t be the first to do this, so what are my options?  Thanks!  Danny

Anglo Traction

A possibility for you in this link to an old Topic , it will take you to page 3 where an LED option is shown/mentioned in post #68 and there is an image of their brightness on page 7 in the 2nd post.  

Achto

You can exchange your 1156 incandescent bulbs with LED replacements.

• Like 1

Kenneth R Cluley

Fit right in existing sockets.

IMG_0678[1].JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

McGrew

Richard, Achto and Kenneth, Thank you!  That is exactly what I was looking for!  

Richard, I had glanced at the thread you referenced above, but did not remember your headlight upgrades.  I also did not comment at the time, but will now...  I have to tell you, yout level of craftsmanship is second to none!  I am in awe of what you did on that build.  I also hope you don’t mind if I steal your idea on the guide for the brake rod linkage?  Mine has the same problem, but I have yet to fix it.  Thanks for the information!  Danny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anglo Traction

Hi Danny, No problem whatsoever about using ideas. It was why I started the topic originally. If it helps others and improves the working ability of these machines, then it has done it's job.

Regards

• Like 3

Tankman

Any recommendations for the 4” headlamps? Thinking, “I’m not to bright.”  :unsure:

Edited by Tankman

WHX??

Here you go Tank

If you can find the 1156 in the lower 3 or 4 k color the better. the 5/6 k colors can glare with snow for winter work. If not a winter tractor go with 5/6 as they seem to be brighter

Edited by WHX20
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1