SimonC

What's missing mower deck

SimonC

Hi, 

I ordered and received the mid mount plate and other parts for my raider 10. 

I'm having two issues. First, in which holes does the plate need to be attached to on the frame, seems like the only ones that aligns properly are already used by the front part. See pictures. 

Second problem is the deck, I'm guessing that an arm is missing or something because I don't see how I'm supported to attach the lift arm to the deck. Also attached pics. 

Out of all the manual out there. None actually seems to show either the exploded parts for the mounting system or even a user manual how to use it that I could extrapolate from. 

Thanks

Simon

20180922_172759.jpg

20180922_172328.jpg

20180922_172539.jpg

20180922_172548.jpg

20180922_172209.jpg

20180922_172218.jpg

20180922_172225.jpg

20180922_172324.jpg

JAinVA

First of all you seem to have some things bolted to the frame where the tachmactic bracket you show goes.If you don't need these things then unbolt them.You should see that the bolt holes line up.There should be an arm made of 3/8" metal that attaches to the frame just ahead of the transmission that the deck would  lift by when attached to the lift mechanism by chain.

Edited by JAinVA

SimonC

The exterior metal plate is there to attach another frame that goes above the front attach and was used for a winch to raise the blower. I can take that off easily. The other bracket on the inside is what the front attach o Matic is bolted to. Which is confusing to me. 

Someone has a picture of the side frame mounting hole that show the front and mid mounting point properly ?

SimonC
7 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

There should be an arm made of 3/8" metal that attaches to the frame just ahead of the transmission that the deck would  lift by when attached to the lift mechanism by chain.

Any picture of that arm ?

My snow blower was attached using a long lift bar connected to one of the two bracket that are part of the lift arm crossmember. Not sure I'm using the right terminology here but I hope it's clear enough

JAinVA

The tachmatic plate you have in your right hand bolts to the frame.Other than the bolts there in nothing else that holds the plate to the frame.Plate and frame contact each other period.

Edited by JAinVA

JAinVA

You are .The snow blower lift system is lift arm with the holes,lift flag,lift tube and blower.The mower lift is lift arm chained to  frame arm which has a rear pivot,pin through mower assembly.

I don't have any pictures of what is missing on your machine and since it is 3 hours after dark it will be late tomorrow before I can provide photos of what you are missing.

SimonC

I'll wait patiently and really appreciate the help. 

Thanks

• Like 1

JAinVA

I will try to get pictures of what you are missing.Helping is a hallmark of this site.Be patient and we will get you sorted out.

daveoman1966

This is the RIGHT side of the middle tach-o-matic side plate s/b located here:  Your Front hitch bracket looks correctly mounted.  

Usually the mower decks hang from a 'T' bar that comes on B and C series..not stock on Raiders, but you can use a lift chain instead and hang that chain from the rock shaft in your 1st pic above.

MULE-45.jpg

ADAPT (1).jpg

t  bar 008.JPG

t  bar 007.JPG

• Like 2

JAinVA

The gray bracket Daveoman shows  only has 2 bolts  to attach it and does not go back as far as the tachmatic  bracket mounts.You still have something that needs to be removed to mount the tachmatic mounts.There is also more to mount the deck than just the two plates.There is a latch system and a spring loaded bar to lock everything in place.

SimonC

I have the stuff for the latch system. Just didn't take a picture of it.

Looks like I'm missing this whole bar then, not just the chain. 

I'm baffled that this whole mounting system is not documented anywhere. 

Thanks

SimonC

Just re read, your saying that the whole T-bar doesn't come with raider. Will the T-bar work correctly on raider and does it have any advantages over just the chain hooked to the rock shaft ?

daveoman1966

Not having a Raider frame to go by, I cannot say whether the T bar would work for you or not...I'm just not sure, but look at your frame underneath, near where it is bolted to the transmission.  If the T-bar will suit your tractor, you should see a thru-hole on the left side (point 'A' in pic), and a closed hole on the right exactly opposite of 'A'   

Here is a schematic of the 1971 Raider 10 model 1-0631.  It does not answer the question though

.http://www.psep1.biz/arinet.asp?aribrand=TO#/Toro_Consumer/1-6051%2c_Raider_10_Tractor%2c_1970/TRACTOR_PARTS_LIST_FOR_RAIDER_12_(1-6251)(1-6252)_%26_RAIDER_10_(1-6051)/1-6051-608-1970/A-5203-A|~520303-0001

r-10.JPG

daveoman1966

Inasmuch as the Wheelhorse frames are the same width, it will MAY work...  not sure.  See if your frame has the holes or not.

Ship charge to Canada may kill you.

ps...  I still have that drawbar and spindle you wanted....  if not, I will sell elsewhere

Edited by daveoman1966

SimonC

12$ shipping....

I'll check if my frame has the holes

520hC-120

Here picture of how the rod for lifting and the t bar come into place. The rod is basically the same as the chain but solid, it still has the adjustable nut for height. This is on a 1976 C-120.

C7A92F50-D370-4C5C-A7F9-5DE8477B0DCB.jpeg

E3E12FA3-150F-493F-B990-19F91B260D42.jpeg

4D6B9C17-008A-4B19-8A1F-66F5BC911CB7.jpeg

• Like 2

JAinVA

The major advantage of the lift bar is that you can mount the deck without having to reach up under the tractor to attach the chain.If you look close at the picture 520c-120 posted you can see the lifting pin at the end of the t-bar.You just slide the deck on to and off this pin.

Edited by JAinVA

JAinVA

These may be redundant considering some of the other pictures posted but I hope they may help.The first shows where tachmatic plates mount to the frame.The second shows how all the assorted parts are located.The last 2 pictures are of the mounting the t-bar.

DSCF1890.JPG

DSCF1895.JPG

DSCF1894.JPG

DSCF1892.JPG

• Like 1

SimonC

Well, looks like I don't have the frame for the T-bar. Attaching pics, other than the brake/clutch pedal bar, not much else.  If you guys confirm I'll move forward with the chain only installation method. 

On one of the picture, there is a small free to move plate with a pin, this is dangling off the lift lever horizontal bar. It's under the "passenger side" foot rest.  Any clues as to what it is ?

Thanks

20180923_180502.jpg

20180923_180511.jpg

20180923_180550.jpg

20180923_180555.jpg

SimonC

looking at the picture, it also looks like I have the wrong attach-o-matic plates for my frame pre-drilled holes.

20180923_182447.jpg

20180923_182430.jpg

20180923_182427.jpg

20180923_182411.jpg

daveoman1966

I edited one of your pics and you have some issues here.  First, the front hitch & adapter does NOT look like a Wheelhorse Front Tach-o-Matic hitch and appears to be homemade.  Compare it to the GRAY hitch adapter in my earlier pics.   and looks like the p.o. installed a shim plate "X" to make it fit.  That shim plate is bolted on where the Middle Tach-o-Matic plate should be. 

As for the little 'dangly thing with a pin'... that is from the original side-mounted mule drive for the earlier Raider-mounted mower decks.  It is an anchor point for a cumbersome cam / lever action of a belt tensioner.  You can take it off if wanted...will only rattle if not. 

Plate.jpg

• Excellent 1

JAinVA

Dave I don't how much about any WH earlier than the c120.At first I thought that the tachmatic plate would bolt on once the X  shim was removed.I looked again at the photos that SimonC posted and by comparing the tachmatic plate with the same frame screen shot the bolt pattern does not seem to match up.Since the Raider 10 tachmatic is very different than what followed is it possible the frame bolt pattern is different as well?/If so then the plates will need to be redrilled or the frame.

daveoman1966

I have the original style Raider 10 hitch plates and will size them against the newer TRach-o-Matic plates.  The bolt pattern is the same...at about 4 inches on center.  Take that 'X' plate completely off and you'll see the holes...they'll be n 4" center for the side plates.

TACH-O 003.JPG

TACH-O 001.JPG

Edited by daveoman1966