Sign in to follow this  
parsonsponyz

Need 520 xi input

parsonsponyz

Wanted to throw this out to the forum and get some info from those with more knowledge.  I've been offered a 2000 520xi with a liquid cooled Kawasaki.  The tractor is complete, including 52" mower deck, with no rust, dents, or major body issues and has a little over 1400 hours on the clock.  The issue with the tractor is the transmission.  It has low pump pressure making it stumble/jerk.  My questions are; what should I look for? what kind of transmission do these tractors have? are parts easy to find?  I did not get to try the transmission because of being blocked in and too much work and little time to dig it out.  He's asking $500 and I'm thinking that's pretty reasonable.  I don't have any experience with these machines, all mine is with tractors prior to this model so I thought ask those with more experience.

WVHillbilly520H

It has a 2 speed Eaton 11 basically the same as the classics with hi-N-lo ranges (so it can be towed), the jerkiness is more than likely 1) an out of adjustment linkage or smart turn steering 2) hydro fluid low/needing filter change 3) and this was wrong with the Xi I had most of the bolts holding the transaxle to the frame had backed out causing it to do the herky jerky as well as the neutral adjustment was a "bit" off, for $500 run don't walk get there and bring it home, Jeff.

• Like 2

Berco

If need be, i have a eaton 11 same as what you need (from a 518xi) that i just pulled from a parts mower that I will be putting up for sale. Just PM me in the meantime if you are interested.