ryanmfairbank

K181 not starting

pfrederi

Take the small wire on the battery side  of the solenoid run it to an in line fuse of 25 amps then to the + terminal on the ammeter.  Then a wire from the - ammeter terminal (they are marked) to the B ignition switch terminal.  if the ammeter is bad and since it was bypassed I would be suspect then nothing will work.  Ammeters are cheap i would buy a new one before I rewired

• Excellent 2

ryanmfairbank

Great, thanks! Well, I got it cranking at least...now I just have to get it to fire...

pfrederi

Work methodically.  Check for voltage at the coil + terminal switch in run. If no voltage work you r way back to ignition switch  If you have it there than it is points or condenser or a faulty coil.

ryanmfairbank

Im getting spark ...again, it was running a week ago...all I did was pull the motor and change all the gaskets...I have new points and condenser, new plug and plug wire...

ryanmfairbank

Should I start a new post related not related to the electrical issue?

Pullstart
On 9/24/2018 at 11:50 AM, ryanmfairbank said:

@ebinmaine Thank you for your kind words! I also homeschool our two teenage children and this is our first project of the new year...so we’re all learning together! 

Late to the show, as usual, but good for you @ryanmfairbank for everything you’re doing!  I have been homeschooling my girls going on 3 years now, and will continue until they don’t like me anymore :handgestures-thumbupright:  they are almost 9 and 11, and are quite active with the Wheelhorses as well.

3F1DA0AD-5286-49B9-AA6C-B933A3DDBFD4.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ryanmfairbank

@pullstart Right on! Mine will soon be 16 and 18...they are in 10th and 12th grade...we have always given them the option to homeschool or go to public school and this is their choice...I’ve spent years teaching them how to learn as opposed to memorizing facts...that’s the purpose of education afterall...now they have the tools to do whatever they want!

• Excellent 2