Ed Kennell

A Sobering Day

ACman

Praying for Mark and your family Ed.

Though I haven’t been posting much I do check in with my RS family (this is more than just a forum) and try keeping up. You also jarred my memory Ed as they found a small spot on my lung during a MRI right after my accident. Going to have bring that up at my next appointment. If there’s one thing I learned from my journey you have to advocate for yourself. If you feel, see, or hear something that’s not right don’t be afraid of asking questions or putting your doctor/nurse on the spot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SPINJIM

Sorry to hear about your son's problems.   If he's like his dad, I'm sure he's one of the 'good guys'.   I'll say a prayer for him.

I'm out in Indiana right now visiting my son and his family.   Children and grandchildren are a true blessing.   

Jim

• Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Prayers for Mark and all the family.  God is Great

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Prayers from my family to yours Ken.  Prayers do work.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Sorry to hear this Ed. All the best wishes and prayers from Florida. 

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , sorry about your son , I hope all goes well. Don't let the Doctors ignore and thing that may pop up during his treatment.   

• Thanks 1

Marv

Ed, I am sitting here with heavy heart and tears in my eyes.  I truly hope everything works out well for you all.

Marv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

Good man Ed...  no reason to stop living!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Prayers and well wishes from New York as well.  Stay strong and positive,  all will be well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DennisThornton

Oh for goodness sake!  I'm so sorry! I can't imagine!  I have so few words...  

We wonder why... 

Hoping for the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

Wish your son the best and all prayers to him and the rest of your family during this all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

I had a coworker that went through chemo and had to keep working. It was worse out in the heat. We were on service trucks at the time. He was beat tired so we all pulled together and carried most his load and let him sleep in the truck while we did the work. It really knocks the snot out of you. My sister in law is going through all this mess. I wish you, your family and especially your son the best. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Image result for praying hands images

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

As above take it one day at a time, F.I.L is a smoker and they just found a spot on one of his lungs during a CT scan, next week is the biopsy, best wishes and prayers to Mark, yourself and your whole family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

cpete1

I haven't been on the site for quite a while. My wife had breast cancer and we dealt with that all of last year and so far things are good.  I guess its ironic that the first day in months I decide to check in I come across this. Ed, everybody ( if I may say so) is pulling for your son. I'll go one more by hoping you are able to continue, helping him through the process. I don't know either one of you but I'm pretty certain your company at the chemo facility is more than welcome. You'll be making some "extended family" at those sessions over the course of time. They are  kind of like this forum, some of the nicest sincerest people , you'll ever cross paths with. 

I hope, with all the dedication I can muster, that the treatments do their work and the process isn't uncomfortable for your son. Everyone reacts differently to chemo. Make certain any discomforts that your son experiences are relayed to his nurses and doctors, they want to help him as much as they can. they can only help if they know. The nausea, any of it, let them know. Our people were amazing and I hope the same is true for you. 

I , more than understand, the concept of being the "navigator" in all this. There will be tough days from time to time and all you can do is hang in there and bare the brunt of it. You have a considerable following of people who look out for you here. I hope I may be in their company.  

Chris

Edited by cpete1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ed, I am putting Mark on my evening prayer list. I have great faith in prayer. 

Glenn

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

My thoughts and prayers are with your son, you and your family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

I spent the day with Mark today while he received his second of now 4 scheduled chemo treatments.  He is in good spirits and is convinced he can beat this.

I told him the Red Square family is sending prayers and good wishes.  We all thank you for your help in fighting this battle.

• Like 8

JC 1965

More prayers sent for Mark and his family. Also for you and your family ED.

• Like 2

c-series don

Just a little note to say I was thinking of Mark and hope he is doing well. Prayers are with all of you. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the prayers guys.   I just talked with Mark and he had a good restful night with only a slight bout with the hic-cups this morning.    This is good compared to the week long chronic hic-cups that prevented him from sleeping for a week following his first chemo treatment.

• Like 1

r356c

Ed, continued prayers for Mark.

I have no idea if this works for chemo hic-cups, but a spoonful of peanut butter has worked for me and my wife to stop hic-cups in the past.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Saying a prayer for your family Ed. 

• Like 1