IndyFord2

520 muffler on a C-120

IndyFord2

Don't like muffler position on my C-120, Like the clean look but on hot days there is an over heating issue (vapor lock)  I know the easiest way to move "the heat" is a stack, BUT  I just am not really happy with the look of a stack. NOW many do like the stack look, "to each his own"  (Also could move/replace fuel pump) Air flow on the eng. is definitely left to right. Cleanest muffler i'v seen (in pictures) is on a 520.  I like the look, tucked in along the hood and air flow should be good (to help keep it cool) Will definitely require some modification to muffler & guard. Any one tried this, or have I been drinking the bath water.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Why not the 312, 314 or 315 single cylinder muffler ?, instead of a twin cylinder muffler that you'll have plug one inlet.

Screenshot_20180917-192835.png

Screenshot_20180917-192920.png

Screenshot_20180917-192732.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JAinVA

I found that the muffler style shown in the pictures can be sourced from a 10 to 16 horse.The muffler on the 416-8 went bad so I robbed the one off of the 310-8 parts machine I have.Direct replacement and very quiet.While good for engine heat you do get heat flow to the operator station when moving forward.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IndyFord2

WOW ! Great info. I am not familiar with the newer models. Saw a 520 once an thought all that style were twins. WVHillbilly mentioned 312, 14 or 15. Are they all the same size ? Info on best place to buy one ? (E-bay, Red square etc..) Would be more than happy with a used one. (at least for my first modification attempt) AND Thank you'all for the help & info

ebinmaine
On 9/17/2018 at 6:38 PM, IndyFord2 said:

have I been drinking the bath water.

It's ok if you have. If you like horses we'll all get along fine......

Parts source of choice. A - Z Tractor.

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, IndyFord2 said:

WOW ! Great info. I am not familiar with the newer models. Saw a 520 once an thought all that style were twins. WVHillbilly mentioned 312, 14 or 15. Are they all the same size ? Info on best place to buy one ? (E-bay, Red square etc..) Would be more than happy with a used one. (at least for my first modification attempt) AND Thank you'all for the help & info

Check the for sale classifieds here or put up in the wanted section and maybe eBay, also try @A-Z Tractor, a vendor here with a garden tractor salvage yard. As @JAinVA mentioned above 10-16 Kohler powered :wh: should be the same size.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1