Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Glens surplus Parts in Ohio

Nick

Glens Surplus In Shelby Ohio not only has the largest selection of mower blades Ive ever seen but they also have everything from engines to air filters, mufflers, belts and tires plus some army surplus items. While I was there today I shot a few pictures of the place just to give a little idea what it has. Its not much to look at but I wish it was a lot closer to me. So if your ever going through the North Central Ohio area on rt30 it might be worth the extra few miles up to Shelby for a look around the place. Then again maybe Im the only person here that would drive up to look at parts and tires. :D

The tire room also has MTD/Cub brand decks and transmissions. Saw some nice heavy front axles froma Cub that had 1" spindles for $59.99, they could come in handy for a project someday. Most of the pictures were taken in this area.

If you have high speed internet I have a slide show with all the pictures.

Glens slide Show

glens7.jpgglens5.jpg

combatmp29r

Nick, those look like the terra tires you and I have on our toys. Am I right? I'v elooked at his site before, but never made the run up there.

Rollerman

Nick is this where you bought the back tires for your FEL/Lawn Ranger?

Looks like a neat place to visit...I'm guessing my wife would wait in the truck?

Edit...looks like Joel beat me to the tire question.

combatmp29r

Sorry stephen, I've actually been looking for a second set to mount up duals. Not that I really need them, but I thought it would look cool :D

Nick

Glens did have some 15" industrial tires last time I was there but I got my 10" tires from a tire shop just down the street from me.

Stephen, She might not like the way it looks but your wife might go in. They even have wallpaper and housewares in yet another room. The place is big! But as I said I like going into the place. Kind of like someone else would like going into a Harley dealership. :D

Nick in Ohio

combatmp29r

I always wondered just how much he had there. The web site doesn't show half as much as your pictures did :D

I guess I'll have to take a trip up that way to look around.

pond195520032003

Been there several times :( they have the locking throttle for your horses 54" cut to fit for $13.98 :P a friend of mine arnie2883 in albany bought a pair of rear Ag tires on rims 26 X 12-12's for $200.00 :D will be going back soon and getting some inventory :(

combatmp29r

You ought o email me when you decide to go up Greg. Maybe we can run up togethor and split the cost. Fuel being what it is nowadays :D

CasualObserver

FYI just for those who don't know... that style of tire is called a R4 Ag tire. R1 and R2 are different styles and depth of a standard angled chevron, the R3 is an "orchard/turf" tire and the R4 is the chevron/straight bar combo usually seen in industrial applications. I have a chart somewhere.. let me see if I can find it.

Front tires have F designations too for the number of ribs and how much flotation they provide.

More useless knowledge from the vault :D

CasualObserver

Ah... found it...

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 38 )

pdf.gif

Ag_tire_type_chart.pdf

Rollerman

Jason...kind of dissapointed :D I was hopeing the chart would have pics?

Nah but good info...being in the construction bizz I new what an R4 was...but had no idea about the others.

Nick

Joel, I think your tread pattern is a little different than mine. I used 10" dia. rims so not a lot of choice in tires. Mine are Titan HD 2000 http://www.titanstore.com/info/49E3W8

Stephen, If you want some pictures try the Titan tire catalog. Thats where i found my little skid steer tires. I am glad i let them mount the tire, small dia. with heavy sidewall didnt make things easy for them. :D

Titan Tire chart

Titan Tire Catalog

Nick in OH

combatmp29r

Nick, I think your right about the tread difference. Mine are Goodyears. I'm told they don't make that size in Good years anymore :D

I didn't know the even made them in 10". Thats the stock size on the Verts.

T-Mo

Interesting site. I'll have to check the slide show when I get back to work where I have high speed. :D

CasualObserver

Joel, Titan is Goodyear. Goodyear sold off the farm division to Titan a couple years ago, and part of the deal is that they are still allowed to put the Goodyear name on them.

Greg B.

Jason,

Thanks for the file. Some of us need all the help we can get.

Greg B.

combatmp29r

Thanks Jason, I didn't know about the Titan buyout. Guess I'll price a new set to see how much sticker shock I get :D

CasualObserver

I know what you mean... I'd love to put some Goodyear Power Torques goodyear_pwrtq.gif or Firestone 23s fs-tracfr.gifon my 654 restoration when I get to it, but man... the Goodyears are $77 ea and the Firestones are $98! And... the only place I've been able to find them is Cedar Rapids Tire. Oh, those are 6-12 tires by the way.

combatmp29r

$98 for 6x12s????? :P

Do I really want to know what a set of 23x8.50-12 R4s will cost? :D