Daron1965

Planning trip to Big Show 2019.

Daron1965

I'm in the process of making plans to attend my 1st big show since I contracted the horse_idis bug. :o

What should I expect? 

What is available for sale?

Decent prices?

Activities going on?

And,  wife wants to know about food?

I have to keep her happy.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Who else already planning for next year?

Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Mike'sHorseBarn

If you come once you'll never be able to stop coming! Lots of things to see and do. I stay at a hotel in Gettysburg and there's lots to do there too.

• Like 3

rmaynard

I started going to the show for the first time in 2010. That's the year that I finished the restoration of my B-100. I've attended every year since. Each year, the anticipation of the next show starts building the minute I get home from the previous show.

If you are a camper, there are plenty of spaces on site to camp which provides you with the unique experience of the evening campfires and potluck meals. Speaking of food, a local church group sets up in the kitchen each year and provides their own brand of home cooking starting on Thursday afternoon until Saturday lunch. Food prices are very reasonable.

If you are a wimp and want to stay in a hotel, the Gettysburg area has many choices, but book early. That time of the year Gettysburg is filled with more tourists than usual and there are other activities in the area.

There will be more horses and horse parts than your can imagine. Prices for tractors and parts vary but you can't find more red stuff in one place anywhere else in the world.

Check out the threads on Wheel Horse Collectors Club shows for more info.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

squonk
10 hours ago, Daron1965 said:

I'm in the process of making plans to attend my 1st big show since I contracted the horse_idis bug. :o

What should I expect? 

What is available for sale?

Decent prices?

Activities going on?

And,  wife wants to know about food?

I have to keep her happy.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Who else already planning for next year?

Thank you. 

1. Lots of tractors, 

2. Lots of tractors  & parts

3.yes

4.parades,cruise. bonfires, kabitzing

food yes!!! Italain,Chinese BBQ, homestyle, within 20 min. of show

5. Buy her a tractor. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

squonk
3 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I started going to the show for the first time in 2010. That's the year that I finished the restoration of my B-100. I've attended every year since. Each year, the anticipation of the next show starts building the minute I get home from the previous show.

If you are a camper, there are plenty of spaces on site to camp which provides you with the unique experience of the evening campfires and potluck meals. Speaking of food, a local church group sets up in the kitchen each year and provides their own brand of home cooking starting on Thursday afternoon until Saturday lunch. Food prices are very reasonable.

If you are a wimp and want to stay in a hotel, the Gettysburg area has many choices, but book early. That time of the year Gettysburg is filled with more tourists than usual and there are other activities in the area.

There will be more horses and horse parts than your can imagine. Prices for tractors and parts vary but you can't find more red stuff in one place anywhere else in the world.

Check out the threads on Wheel Horse Collectors Club shows for more info.

By the way, Us wimps stay in Chambersburg and have been known to keep the hotel open all night! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I went to my first show in 2015 , met the nicest people , include Skony ( @squonk) . You will be amazed by all the different Horses. I forgot to take pictures the first year and had the camera handing from my neck. Based on my experience bring some rain gear and a chair to sit in. You move your chair from one group to another and chew the fat and listen to yarns. A family friendly event.  Bring a truck and cash there are a few guys that are very good at dismantling and loading a truck. Take a look at pictures from previous years shows.  Book your hotel room early .

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
can't spell
  • Excellent 2

Daron1965

The more I read about it,  the more excited I get. 

Very much looking forward to it.  Maybe I will find the wild resto I'm saving a spot in the garage for? B)

Looking forward to meeting the great people on the site.   :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by Daron1965
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

squonk
57 minutes ago, Daron1965 said:

The more I read about it,  the more excited I get. 

Very much looking forward to it.  Maybe I will find the wild resto I'm saving a spot in the garage for? B)

Looking forward to meeting the great people on the site.   :greetings-clappingyellow:

Just PM @wallfish and have him fill his van with parts.:)

dells68

No better place to go for friends, tractors, parts, and food!!  Great vacation spot - the area is rich in history too if that's  your thing.  Only about 20 minutes out or Gettysburg.  If all is good come next June, I know we'll be there!

• Like 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, Daron1965 said:

Maybe I will find the wild resto I'm saving a spot in the garage for?

Over the past four years I have sold a few and always came home with more than I took. There will be a thread on here prior to the show with items for pre show sales as well as what will be available from vendors.

• Like 1

Daron1965

Thank you for the information.. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Yeah, good deals pop up, but some guys are out to get ‘em before you!

Not naming any names...

7218DFB9-3486-45A5-AD3F-4EA80BCD6E52.jpeg

D9ECAC46-5423-4EFA-8C5A-A6C52ED24112.jpeg

CA960AEA-2E94-4F78-B0D2-476F70C7B5E4.jpeg

• Haha 6

19richie66

Hint: bring a trailer :laughing-rolling:

• Thanks 1

Daron1965

I was planning on having pullstart show me how to load. :text-lol:

:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66

That would be a good idea for a “How To” class..... “Pullstart’s guide to gettin’em home” how to pack for the long haul. 

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Saturday after the raffle, when all the “too good to pass up” deals are going on!

• Like 3

WHX??
2 hours ago, Daron1965 said:

I was planning on having pullstart show me how to load. :text-lol:

:greetings-clappingyellow:

Naww... he'll just want to sample your beverages! :lol:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
6 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Naww... he'll just want to sample your beverages! :lol:

Nobody visit Jim in the campground... he’ll offer you a few drinks like a good buddy (got any more cobbler Jim and Dan? :D) then razz you till next year about it!  :laughing-rofl:  

In all honesty... I am glad I remembered to pack underwear, I was rushing so hard to get Putt Putt finished and loaded (paint wasn’t even cured when I hit the PA state line!) and am thankful for a good buddy like Jim to remember to pack the things I did forget.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:blink: So Kevin, you're sayin...

Jim packed your underwear for you? 

IMG_6556.JPG.c4d02a885f5738d9d4209664c1018d16.JPG

• Haha 3

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:blink: So Kevin, you're sayin...

Jim packed your underwear for you? 

IMG_6556.JPG.c4d02a885f5738d9d4209664c1018d16.JPG

No that’s not quite what I’m sayin’ but that dude in the shorts and boots has got it goin’ on!  Right @dells68?    :laughing-rofl:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

packed your underwear for you? 

I told him to go change them .... he did...he changed them inside out....good to go...:lol:

Seriously Daron my rookie year I took the whole week off and to appease the Mrs made a little vacation out of it. Might not be for you since you live in PA but there are quite a few things to see and do in the area. The food right at the show isn't absolutely terrible either. They have a church group that runs a food stand and their suppers are quite edible. I took my pellet grille since we were camping but really no need to use it at the show. You can always invite yourself over to @wheelhorseman's camp he always has good chow!  You'll' want to get there early Thursday as that's kinda the best day. Be warned tho Saturday noon the place pretty much clears out in a hurry.

20160623_154019.jpg

100_3835.JPG

20160626_164051.jpg

Browse here http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/163-whcc-club-shows/ for many more pics and you'll get an idea of the camaraderie that goes on ther.

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

wheelhorseman
25 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

You can always invite yourself over to @wheelhorseman's camp he always has good chow! 

:text-lol: Come on over!! I simply plug my grill in the  cigarette lighter on my wheel horse and supper is served!!

82C75C9B-AF7F-4014-890E-7E7E9B6F30F0.jpeg

F15268D9-AF3A-4F1D-BAC9-43867B43F7F9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy
24 minutes ago, wheelhorseman said:

:text-lol: Come on over!! I simply plug my grill in the  cigarette lighter on my wheel horse and supper is served!!

82C75C9B-AF7F-4014-890E-7E7E9B6F30F0.jpeg

F15268D9-AF3A-4F1D-BAC9-43867B43F7F9.jpeg

That’s a cool setup! The steaks are making me rethink my choice on lunch today!! Lol

Daron1965

I was planning on going Saturday morning and staying until Sunday.  I am now planning on getting there early Thursday and stay until Saturday.  

I figure I will just follow the parade of horses coming into PA from the West. 

• Excellent 1