pgenesta

Hello to all, first time posting...I think.

pgenesta

I have a 1979 Wheel Horse model 91-08K802 with a mower deck and a snowblower model 06-42ST01. It has taken me 3 years to restore the tractor and now I'm working on the blower.

My question, where can I find a video(s) that will show me how to attach the blower to the tractor. Yes, I do know that the tractor (C-81) and blower (1980) are different years. 

Anyway, any and all help is appreciated as here it comes, winter is around the corner and I want to show the neighbors that what a horse can do.

Thank you...

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS:

The installation procedure can be found in the manual for that blower. It appears you have a C-81 and the manuals for that can be found here.

The model you posted for the blower  does not come up so double check that model number.

Others will be along to help out and welcome you.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Being from Texas I know nothing about blowing  snow. So I’ll ask others to comment on an  8hp C81 enough power to drive a blower. Seems I have read most put blowers on there larger hp tractors

WHX??
2 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

put blowers on there larger hp tractors

True bigger is better Ollie but a 8 will move snow all day if the tractor/blower is set up right. Won't move it as far as a 520 with a deuce but will move it.

peter lena

having used my c - 85 with 8 hp for years I would say its best with a 42" dozer blade, used it regularly   to clear lots of driveways, with weights and chains. learning how to plow and take advantage of how to use it , is another thing you must pay attention to. having changed over to 12 hp , that is what you want to run that blower, rather than being on the edge of power for pto drive, you will have plenty to really get that blower thrust you will need. remember what ever you are using . it is not a battering ram, take a smaller cut , sense out how the attachment is working , or not , then adjust to that . also dry snow , is totally different then wet snow, dry snow is fun to throw , wet snow is not for blowers, I live on Connecticut , see plenty of both over winter , pete

pgenesta

Thanks for the quick replies.

WHX20, the model #06-42ST01, is from the tag on the blower and I'm assuming it is the original tag for this blower and the seller told me he had used it with the C-81.

I have just about every manual and parts brochure that I could find but I did not see where any of them walk you through the process of attaching the blower to the tractor.  

KC9KAS

@pgenesta :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Digger 66

Welcome aboard !

Tractor boy

Welcome to red square, the most knowledgeable wheelhorse forum around. If you scroll through the forum I believe there is a instruction part of the forum on how to do stuff like this. 

Machineguy

:text-welcomeconfetti::banana-rock:

gwest_ca

The correct owner manual. Click on the picture.

This later manual may have better installation instructions

The last model they produced and basically the same from 1973 up.

Garry

• Excellent 1

pgenesta

Good afternoon to all.

A thank you to the following for the warm welcome: KC9KAS, Digger 66, Tractor boy, Machineguy.

To gwest_ca, the info you provided came in handy, thank you. 

I picked this one up on Thanksgiving weekend (2014 or 2015) for $340.00 and it came with a mower deck and snow blower. All had model and serial number tags and no rust except for the lower sections of the blower that is repairable. It have taken the better part of 3 years to restore it from the ground up which, was a first for me especially at my age. This project gave me the opportunity to purchase new tools (HEE HEE) that I needed and did not have.

The seller said that it had been sitting (outside) for a number of years but guaranteed that it would start without a problem. 3 years into the project it did start!  

I have since picked up a B series that I get to play with and keep the C-81 in my man cave/work shop, otherwise refereed to as my place to shut the world off for a couple of hours when I get home from work. 

Again, I thank you all for your support.

Paul

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

This thread by @Sparky should be helpful.

WHX??

Your welcome Paul. How about a few pictures of your rig?