520hC-120

520h pto switch fix

520hC-120

Hi guys,

My pto safety switch doesn’t work. A little two wire connector was next to it and has a pink wire and a brown (or black) wire. What does this connector do. Any help would be nice thanks.

Also may I have the wiring diagram for just the head and taillights for a 520h

AF98EA2B-271D-43D8-AE8E-3DE9F7BDAD26.jpeg

3D1BF32F-3F0E-41CD-9AD9-10A98F9FCFA2.jpeg

Edited by 520hC-120

Achto

First I would check to see if you have any power going to the light switch (with the key in the on position). If you don't then start by looking at the fuses. Then see if you have power going from the switch, if not the switch may be bad. Basically trace every circuit through until you find the problem. Down load a manual from here so you have a wire diagram, it will make life a little easier.

:think: If your PTO does not work, a bad fuse or fuse connection may effect both circuits.

520hC-120

I just got all lights working still need to trace pro safety switch.

I think that the green and yellow fans have been messing with my horses :think:

Edited by 520hC-120
  • Like 1

520hC-120

And there are no wires or connectors near the safety switch. This harness has definitely been messed with before. :wacko:

• Sad 1

gwest_ca

Did you not join the pink and gray together in an earlier post? Not common to join wires of different colors.

What is the model number and serial number of your tractor? They are not all wired the same.

Garry

520hC-120

Yes previously I joined wires to fix my no spark problem. It worked fantastically (knock on wood). That was a different connector though and was already connecting the wires of different colors. I think my 520h was tinkered to the point of having no fuse block. I cannot find one. I will work on getting you those numbers tonight.

Kurt-NEPA
18 minutes ago, 520hC-120 said:

Yes previously I joined wires to fix my no spark problem. It worked fantastically (knock on wood). That was a different connector though and was already connecting the wires of different colors. I think my 520h was tinkered to the point of having no fuse block. I cannot find one. I will work on getting you those numbers tonight.

What year 520H do you have?  The 1988 and 1989 models do not have the fuse block.

If you want a fuse block for a later 520H go here

http://store.wheelhorsestables.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

520hC-120

1988 thanks for the info

gwest_ca

Here is another for the 1988

Garry

peter lena

found the sloppiness of the pto lever linkage to be the major problem with mine, its erratic tracking was preventing the two lever arms from regularly picking up on/off function. until I detail disassembled it ,and found its faults , my switch would not work. I used Teflon washers as well as metal washers to firm up angle areas, also brass bushed the main swing area along with  lubrication at all areas. modify and check at each change , once I found the correct straight setting , it was like smooth easy constant operation. by the way, don't bother looking   for w/h parts. easier to hit a local hardware store , in their slide out box tray section, they typically have all the little goodies in picture ,slide out trays. wiring was only part of it.pete