pfrederi

Most useful uncommon implement

C_hasbeen
On 9/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, c-series don said:

Although I don't really use it, it is perhaps my most unusual implement. It's my planter, complete with all the seed plates,fertilizer hopper and row marker. I haven't seen another one that is as complete as this. I don't even have a garden!!! Next I need the mid mount 540 rpm PTO 66 that I have absolutely zero use for!!! It's just a cool rare piece.

image.jpeg

Wow I did not know this implement existed, I am going to have to keep my eyes open now!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

The "Bird Plucker"  was different.      Maybe someone can find the picture.

C_hasbeen

A man has to ask himself "how could you go wrong with a manure spreader on a wheel horse". Yep manure spreader for cleaned ng out your horse stables.

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, C_hasbeen said:

A man has to ask himself "how could you go wrong with a manure spreader on a wheel horse". Yep manure spreader for cleaned ng out your horse stables.

Actually many of my WHs are stored in a very nicely outfitted horse barn.  6 stalls tack room and grooming stall...previous owners girl friend like horses. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Manure spreader hmmmm ?

this would be something for

@pullstart ! That would be a nice 

little novelty item! 

ronhatch

Not much of an 'implement' but works well is my mole killer. It's a metal flexible 1 1/4" pipe that I slip on my exhaust pipe and stick the other end in the ground.  Pour a little Sea Foam in the carb a couple of times really helps too. 

• Like 3

ronhatch
On 1/13/2020 at 6:31 PM, pfrederi said:

Actually many of my WHs are stored in a very nicely outfitted horse barn.  6 stalls tack room and grooming stall...previous owners girl friend like horses. 

Are the horses why he is a PO? I know of a few people around here - mostly women - that lost their place because of spending all their time and money on horses and all that goes with them. :(

Edited by ronhatch

JCM

I am not sure if this is considered uncommon but don't ever remember having seen another one on here.The tine rake does a really nice job removing thatch from the lawn in the spring and also does a nice job in the woods cleaning up and maintaining the trail system. It is one of those attachments that there is basically no maintenance to it and easy to connect, remove and store. It is shown here mounted to a 1986 417-8.

Jims Camera uploaded 2019 Nov 150.JPG

• Like 4

c-series don

I have the tow behind version of that I want to convert to a front mount so I can de-thatch a suck it up with my vacuum system in one pass. 

• Like 2

JCM

@c-series don      I think this is what you may have in mind, works great.

2020-2.jpg

2020-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

That’s exactly what I have in mind! I have both of these Peco vacuum set ups to use it with 

4C41D59A-BC80-431E-9746-67650FC6A465.jpeg

B690C895-9919-42F8-8D46-4B1ACD50C4DE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, JCM said:

I am not sure if this is considered uncommon but don't ever remember having seen another one on here.The tine rake does a really nice job removing thatch from the lawn in the spring and also does a nice job in the woods cleaning up and maintaining the trail system. It is one of those attachments that there is basically no maintenance to it and easy to connect, remove and store. It is shown here mounted to a 1986 417-8.

Jims Camera uploaded 2019 Nov 150.JPG

I would like to find myself one of those even if was for a Craftsman ect I can modify to fit thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
10 hours ago, JCM said:

@c-series don      I think this is what you may have in mind, works great.

2020-2.jpg

2020-1.jpg

How is this mounted ?  The front and mid mounts are in use for the deck.    And how does it lift?

JCM

@Ed Kennell    Ed, If you look at the 417 the front mounting bracket bolts behind the Attach A Matic, on the 312 if you look ahead of the Kohler at the left front on the side of the frame you will see a bracket that the lift lever goes into to hold it in the upright position. If you look at the last picture near the drawbar of the Super A in the top left corner the lift lever can be seen going off at an angle. This Tine rake works extremely well for something so simple and easy to carry etc. During operation when you need to back up I find it works best to leave the Rake in the down position for a few feet to take a little pressure of the tines before you lift it to put the transport lever into the transport hook. There is little weight when you manually lift this attachment and nothing like a dozer blade or blower which makes it enjoyable to use and makes a big difference on the outcome on the lawn once mowing begins.

20190914_104051.jpg

Jims Camera uploaded 2019 Nov 244.JPG

P1012403.JPG

P1012707.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Jim.  So the bracket is sandwiched between the frame and the front A-M and is low enough to clear the mule drive.

WVHillbilly520H
On 1/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, Ed Kennell said:

The "Bird Plucker"  was different.      Maybe someone can find the picture.

You mean one of these modified to work on a :wh:...

Screenshot_2020-01-17-06-47-53.png

JCM

@Ed Kennell        Ed, it actually goes in front of the A-M bracket and there is a hole so the pivot pin can protrude through the Tine Rake mount and there are 2 holes that mount to the front of the frame ( angle iron ) . Hope this helps. If you need a picture I may need to take the 520 out to deal with a storm this weekend I will get a picture as the 417 is in the back of the garage behind it .

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

You mean one of these modified to work on a :wh:...

Screenshot_2020-01-17-06-47-53.png

Yes sir Jeff.   I recall it being mounted on the right side  of the tractor  with the drive belt coming  down off the PTO and turning  90 degrees on two idler pulleys to spin the tub.  

I was just not able to find the thread.

It was several years ago.

• Like 1

JCM

@c-series don  &   @Ed Kennell    Hi  Ed, pictures for the Tine Rake that I mentioned on Friday that I would get for you this weekend regarding the front mount.

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

DSCN0033.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Thank you for the pictures. I know those bolts aren’t the easiest to get to in order to put that on. Not only do I want mount my tine Dethatcher but I am going to mount an EZ -rake model 100 Dethatcher to my C-161 automatic. That’s my winter project. Here’s a picture of it just proped up. It was made for? I’m not sure but not a Wheel Horse. I bought this last year from Illinois and had it shipped here to the east coast, very east coast 5 miles from the ocean on Long Island My wife just found out that I have to fabricate it to fit after what I paid to get it here plus the purchase price and she was like what the? 😡 I’m going to start a separate post on the build.

F17E8100-1C4F-46A7-AABB-5C4C74B56DAC.jpeg

Edited by c-series don
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ScottR

I know this is an old topic but how does a front mounted dethatcher behave when encountering a grade? Does it follow the slope or dig in?

Edited by ScottR
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I know this is an old topic but how does a front mounted dethatcher behave when encountering a grade? Does it follow the slope or dig in?

@JCM

This one's for you.  

Handy Don
2 hours ago, ScottR said:

I use a front mounted (Snapperizer) on a Snapper RER. It has a wheel out ahead of the tines, as you see in the picture above.

In transitions from flat to a noticeable upslope, the tines get lifted higher until the front wheels of the mower get to the transition point--so no thatching in the "valley"

In transitions from a noticeable upslope to flat, the tines dig in over the crest until the front wheels catch up. 

The acuteness of the transition matters. For gentle ones, it hardly matters; for sharp ones it can miss altogether or dig some soil.

Where the slope isn't steep, I thatch sideways at the top and bottom.

Where the slope is steep (i.e. I'm not safe working sideways), I shrug my shoulders just leave it be. :)

Ed Kennell
On 9/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, WHX?? said:

This is where @Ed Kennell throws up his pic of his sun canopy with the fringe balls! Talk about uncommon

IMG_5963.JPG.abc3fea84a1cee263aea6bf2303203ca.JPG

Here ya go Jimbo....I never did get the fringe balls put on.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Lee1977

SAM-1383-4.jpg

SAM-0519.jpg

SAM-0603.jpg

SAM-0604.jpg

• Excellent 2