WildmanC120

So...Who got this deal???

WildmanC120

Been calling this guy for 3 days with no return call.  Finally answered the phone and was like "I got your messages but you are like 4th in line".  1st guy is coming on Saturday.  I was like, I live local to you and can be there in 10 mins and will just take it all.  I don't get it. 

Edited by T-Mo
See rules for posting CL ads.

mmmmmdonuts

Wow... I wish I saw that. I am not too far either. Looks like a fantastic deal. 

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, WildmanC120 said:

Been calling this guy for 3 days with no return call.  Finally answered the phone and was like "I got your messages but you are like 4th in line".  1st guy is coming on Saturday.  I was like, I live local to you and can be there in 10 mins and will just take it all.  I don't get it. 

Sounds like a responsible seller. However he should have told you sooner that you were fourth to respond.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Yes, the seller should have responded earlier, but in all fairness, if you would have got everything 2-3 days before the person that actually called 1st, and bought it, he would have been crying on here (or some other forum) that the seller didn't sell to the 1st caller.

I have lost out on a couple of deals because of sellers not having any morals!

• Like 1

WHNJ701

yes it's a good buy but I assuming the seller doesn't really care about what it is, his goal was to clean out the barn. not everyone is tractor people 

I once purchased a fairly rare tractor off a guy who just  purchased a property. I paid near nothing for it, and was given free pickings of the rest of the barn, he new  the items were worth something but..

1 he didn't need the money,

2 he didn't want to be bothered dealing with a bunch of people or yard sale,

3 all he cared about was emptying the building regardless of what was in it.  he was trying to get me take everything I could.

WildmanC120

I sell to the 1st guy who makes it to my door step with the money.  I do not wanna be holding onto stuff playing games.  If you cant get here for a week and people have the money and can come now then that's the way it is. 

• Like 3

SPINJIM

I've had people say they will come on a certain day, and then never show because they changed their mind.   So I'm always fair, and tell people that the first one to show up with cash is the buyer.  I figure it's best to be honest rather than just not respond to callers.    I also try to get their phone numbers.   I live in a remote location, so no shows are common.

Jim

• Like 2

Tankman
4 hours ago, jabelman said:

I once purchased a fairly rare tractor off a guy who just  purchased a property. I paid near nothing for it, and was given free pickings of the rest of the barn, he new  the items were worth something but..

1 he didn't need the money,

2 he didn't want to be bothered dealing with a bunch of people or yard sale,

3 all he cared about was emptying the building regardless of what was in it.  he was trying to get me take everything I could.

I had a similar "good luck" find. A barn clean out. A couple of trips in my pickup, loaded. :handgestures-thumbupright:

One item was a 16 hp Work Horse. Had a new 48" SD deck, nice.

One of my luckiest finds. The Briggs runs great. I was always a Kohler guy.

I added the seat, off my garage shelf (a previous Tractor Supply purchase). The snow plow I had.

Added skateboard coarse grip tape, been using the stuff for years. Holds up great, works, inexpensive.

Didn't care for all gray. Belt guards, Rustoleum Regal Red.

Added tail lamps, removed the reflective things. Also added the height adjust. Work Horses only had "either up or down".

We ALL need to find clean-outs!

Horse_Spring.jpg.58c0b04e5d6a071fc39904c8ef9ef012.jpg

• Like 1

Chris T

So what was the tractor that was listed? Cannot see what it was, I picked up 3 machines this weekend. One of them I called on within half hour of it being listed

Edited by Chris T

Digger 66
On 9/7/2018 at 4:33 PM, WildmanC120 said:

I sell to the 1st guy who makes it to my door step with the money. 

100 % agree :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

WildmanC120
5 hours ago, Chris T said:

So what was the tractor that was listed? Cannot see what it was, I picked up 3 machines this weekend. One of them I called on within half hour of it being listed

It was a c-160 for $100.  Queensbury/Kingsbury NY area. 

Chris T
4 hours ago, WildmanC120 said:

It was a c-160 for $100.  Queensbury/Kingsbury NY area. 

Yeah I got that one B)

• Like 1

WildmanC120
15 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Yeah I got that one B)

All the way from CT for that I see. 

• Like 1

Pollack Pete
2 hours ago, Chris T said:

Yeah I got that one B)

Good for you Chris T.I guess you're a buyer...…...not a shopper.Great deal for the tractor.Have fun with your new toy.

AlexR

The title of this thread is "Who got this deal" So it seems like the intention was "Hope somebody from Redsquare got it" because in the end what matters is the tractors going to people who care about :wh:

Enough negativity in the world, let this be the one place we can respect and be nice to each other.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

If you look at this from a buyer's and a seller's prospective, I can understand a little from all sides.  It would be honest to state..."the 1st one with the money at the door buys whatever".  It is also fair to say, you are the 1st one to call...when can you be here.   With the  time I have a seller would determine how I listed what I had for sale.  If I told somebody we had a deal for you to show up...no way I would sell it out from under that person...especially if  the guy who started this thread showed up.  I think that is not fair to anybody, and this is where I live.  On the other hand, if I was giving the 1st caller dibs, I can understand not calling everyone that called to say I have someone coming...especially if you are the 4th caller.  If I got upended by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd caller, I think I would re-list the item.  If I did not get a call back from a seller, I think I would assume it was already sold.

I can tell you this...if I was selling something and I had an appointment from a potential buyer...and I said OK..  Nobody is going to show up at my door with cash and make me look like a jerk.  :think:

• Like 2

WHNJ701

what's funny is there are thousands of wheelhorses out there if you don't get one wait a week and 5 more pop up, in the words of the great movie frozen, let it go

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

Mick said it best...

Machineguy
12 minutes ago, jabelman said:

what's funny is there are thousands of wheelhorses out there if you don't get one wait a week and 5 more pop up, in the words of the great movie frozen, let it go

Every time I see a deal I get the urge to go buy it! Whether I need it or not a deal is a deal! I’ve said it before, this must be the feeling my wife gets at shoe sales! 

So far my lack of space is keeping me from going crazy. Tractor hoarding is a real thing!!! :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Mikey the Monkey
7 hours ago, Chris T said:

Yeah I got that one B)

I think we should see some pics of your score :greetings-clappingyellow:

Chris T

Usually a lot of times when I buy a machine or see a machine I want, I call right away plan time and day to get it. No messaging or bs back and forth. 9 times outta 10 I know what I’m getting before I get there. Definitely not a afraid to travel either. Sometimes I’ll even offer more if I know it’s that good of a deal like the 160 was. Overall the 160 isn’t a bad machine, good running 16. But as seller stated the hydro controls needed attention which they do. 

And AMC rules that song sure fits this thread :handgestures-thumbupright:

5825EA48-D251-4C85-A813-9672D7F959E5.jpeg

A102E6F1-F488-40C8-A183-27A197D8DC72.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2