pazephyr

Deck attachment, 520H Wheelhorse

pazephyr

Greetings, First time here. I don't know many technical terms. I'm a farm girl so bear with me.  I purchased a used 520 H wheelhorse in 1998 (it had 200 hundred hours on it so it much be a 96 or 97) and for the most part have kept it running by just practical maintenance.  i took it in for general going over and tires/ seals etc.  1) I have a 42 inch deck. When I lower the deck to its lowest level it all but shaves the ground.  I noticed the lift bar has 2 small holes and the oval slider hole.  The lift chain is in the small hole nearest the rear wheels. Is this correct?  My belt barely clears the deck mount.  I have tried to research all this and can't find a helpful site. #2) My throttle will not stay put, l have to hold it up or it goes back to crawl.  I see all the parts but need an easy fix. Can you guide me or give to the help i need. I tried Toro site and Y tube but I'm just not very technical. thank you. Pazephyr

varosd

The throttle issue is common

you will need to get behind the “Dash” plate. The rivet loosens up

i removed the throttle knob with a claw back a hammer and 2x4 wood. Unscrew the throttle from the dash. I just squeezed the rivet with channel locks. Some preen (beat on it) with a hammer. Some drill out the riveting and put a nut and bolt. Better than the usual bungee cord throttle engineering you see.  Welcome to RS

• Thanks 1

lynnmor

Here is the owners manual, it might not be the exact model you have but the adjustments are the same:  Manual

Put a small screw thru the throttle rivet with a locknut on the opposite side.  Tighten till the throttle holds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cee245

Hi @pazephyr,

If you post pictures of model numbers or general pictures then we are more able to help you out. 

Welcome to red square!

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, pazephyr said:

The lift chain is in the small hole nearest the rear wheels. Is this correct?  My belt barely clears the deck mount. 

The lift chain should not be connected to the deck.   It should be connected to the lift bar as shown in the manual and these pictures.

The lift bar pin is then inserted into the slot in the deck carriage bar.

IMG_0017.JPG.fe7fb13cf565ba3ff4fb2b196634f976.JPGIMG_0021.JPG.9a2f47790b864fd5a6fb282283eb664a.JPGIMG_0024.JPG.9d1302ad4d5c702a35151dce9b5c5684.JPGIMG_0025.JPG.e1e32f2c45fa712211f2b92df557a977.JPG

BTW,  :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:.   Hope this helps.

gwest_ca

Lift linkage

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/73520-520-h-toro-520-h-garden-tractor-sn-5900001-5900177-1995/hydrostatic-lift-linkage-assembly/

Mower deck may be a different model but will attach the same. Click on the pictures

Garry

pazephyr

Wow, thank you all!!  Very helpful!...I will see what i can do!