PeacemakerJack

Let’s Go Plowing—rolling Dirt!

WHX??
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

get that new GoPro out in the field 

Need I remind you there is a go pro out there in the field... maybe laying next to Dan's wallet? .... just sayin....:lol:

• Haha 3

Pullstart
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Need I remind you there is a go pro out there in the field... maybe laying next to Dan's wallet? .... just sayin....:lol:

In the field... on a post!

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H

Sorry no video (damn camera on strike again:angry-tappingfoot:) ... Wet red clay covered in grass.

20200327_173318.jpg

20200327_173304.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 5

PeacemakerJack

That looks good Jeff!  How did it plow?  Anything to report?🤔

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That looks good Jeff!  How did it plow?  Anything to report?🤔

Other than the soil was compacted from not being used as a garden it did decently,  that was at my FILs hopefully I can get a videogragher when I do our little plot. Gonna let that sit a few days then try out the tiller on the 315-8.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

A couple months back, I picked up a Tri-pod with an attachment to hold my phone. That has worked great for taking family pictures and doing a variety of videos and especially time lapse photos.  I have not had the occasion to use it for a GT video yet but plowing/tilting a garden would be a great use for it!  

Thanks for the update and can’t wait to see some pics of that tiller hooked up and doing its thing...

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Thanks for the update and can’t wait to see some pics of that tiller hooked up and doing its thing...

As my boy from WV was over to spend the weekend with me I just couldn't wait to try the tiller out... 1st gear low range.

20200328_132414.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

Fresh ground... 1st time turned over since I have lived here. 

20200402_171736.jpg

20200402_171748_HDR.jpg

• Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

Now that looks like fun right there Jeff—and it looks like a Chevy commercial/ad😉

I’d guess that it plowed pretty good by the looks of the finished product.

Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
12 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Now that looks like fun right there Jeff—and it looks like a Chevy commercial/ad😉

I’d guess that it plowed pretty good by the looks of the finished product.

Well done!

Now I just need to find my way north west in the fall just to "play" with you plow dawgs on one of @WHX24 Jim's plow days...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Andy N.

I have the tiller attachment for my WH's, but last year midway through gardening season, my neighbor gave me this '78 Montgomery Ward 5HP rototiller in exchange for taking down one of my trees that was overhanging his house. I figured since both the tiller and I needed some exercise, that I would do the whole garden with it. Also figured I would through in a video of fertilizing and overseeding with the 418-A.

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

You threatening to come Jeffrey?!?... hell I'd even kick the Dino's @ss out the guest room for ya you do!!! 

Nice vids @Andy N. just earned yerself an invite too!

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H

In post 232 above you see me tilling... Well I plowed and tilled the same plot again here's the final product...

20200403_153958.jpg

20200403_154002.jpg

20200403_160838.jpg

20200403_192857.jpg

• Excellent 5

PeacemakerJack
12 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Now I just need to find my way north west in the fall just to "play" with you plow dawgs on one of @WHX24 Jim's plow days...

Come on up Jeff!!! That would be a blast for sure...grab @19richie66 and one of his big wheels (with 12” plow) and roll on north stopping short a few hours from Canada!  Jim and Cindy sure know how to throw a great PD and it would be awesome to have even more folks from the forum involved. Of course, we’d need even more field to turn...🤔

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

I’d love it for sure but have to get things finalized and setup at the house. Sounds like a road trip.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

Thought I'd try my other red tractor out with some gardening... @WHX24 Jim this gear jammer I don't mind lifting implements with...

20200404_125521.jpg

20200404_125640.jpg

20200404_133058.jpg

20200404_133114.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Nice Billy..:handgestures-thumbupright:. some grass killer in advance would have nice but would have had to been done last year. That soil looks somewhat clayish?? We're use to sandy loam around here which is nice for plowing but sucks for growing veggies. My dad had rock hard clay where he lived but could grow some awesome stuff. Jack has got a bit more clay up by him. What's yer plan to plant? 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nice Billy..:handgestures-thumbupright:. some grass killer in advance would have nice but would have had to been done last year. That soil looks somewhat clayish?? We're use to sandy loam around here which is nice for plowing but sucks for growing veggies. My dad had rock hard clay where he lived but could grow some awesome stuff. Jack has got a bit more clay up by him. What's yer plan to plant? 

Mainly clay with a bit of loamish top soil... Going to put potatoes down at my in-laws then up here corn green beans lettuce cabbage radish peppers cucumbers and tomatoes. Maybe some of the same at the in-laws as well. Also plan to add lime and 10-20-10 before planting to hopefully help.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

@WHX24 Jim does this look any better, when I got home this evening I broadcast about 20 lbs of pelletized lime and same amount of 10-10-10 (could find any I mentioned above) then spent a few hours tilling it in with the 315-8 low range 1st gear (seat time)...  @PeacemakerJack @ebinmaine @pullstart @JCM ,notice something in the sky in the last pic I'll call it "tillin' by the full moon light" :ROTF:...

20200406_195757.jpg

20200406_195951.jpg

20200406_195752.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 4

JCM

Love the color of that soil, now I know where the song by Brooks & Dunn Red Dirt Road comes from. A very good friend of mine owns a 1969 Chevelle SS that came from down your way with that color dirt on the frame.That car sits with a 1991 Mass Inspection sticker on it ,what a shame Will post some pics once I retrieve them from another computer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Come on Jeff...now you are forcing my hand.  I have that beastly

8A2D9625-1C4F-4DFF-B5B9-B5C0B1FA4F51.jpeg.8d460f5d4ca0334ab738a2855486e7cd.jpeg

Cat O tiller

170613B3-DAD2-404A-BF2C-53159A75B11C.jpeg.dc93ccab974df620c718d419101776d3.jpeg

for Zach’s Blackbeard (GT-14)

CECD9937-7455-45BE-81A9-28E81F04BC2C.jpeg.67c2cd7165df7861a4be97406b400ffe.jpeg

all I need is the correct double pulley for it and we can do some serious tilling here as well.

FCD2185D-30A2-4F7A-9B81-7ADC499C7BC6.jpeg.176ca688420e0c1cdce5e7cb7366cdb9.jpeg

I have a double pulley with splined shaft—not correct.  I have had offers of the second type—not correct.  

9E72DA43-B640-470C-8F1B-86974605F56D.jpeg.1d1f5ede207660807c1f1df12c3978a9.jpeg

So, we will keep on a search for what we need.  In the meantime, that garden plow is turning out amazing and looks like you were having a blast.  Did you have to use the lights at all?

• Excellent 4

WVHillbilly520H

@PeacemakerJack. Josh no lights were "needed" but on just for the glow... Send me that pulley or let Dan at it we could remove the splines and broach it for a key and have that tiller churning some dirt. @JCM Jim the 2006 RCSB Silverado I bought 4 years ago must have lived on a non paved red dirt road because it too has a frame discolored by the clay then I used the dirt from the pile you can see in some of the above pics to fill along our paved drive now it is red as much as vehicles... Momma wasn't happy needless to say. Here's the evidence...

20200407_151757_HDR.jpg

20200407_151822_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

What is really cool with that Kev is how much those look like “traditional” AG’s.  I would be game to give those a try on my “redhead” plow mule when I finally get around to building it.  Thanks for sharing the link.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto
14 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Send me that pulley or let Dan at it we could remove the splines and broach it for a key and have that tiller churning some dirt.

Are you saying that the spline hole is smaller than the shaft on the tractor?? If so I can get it drilled out & broach a key way so that it will work. @PeacemakerJack If all this is true I can stop by & pick that pulley up. We'll have you in business in no time.:thumbs2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2