HorseWhisperer

New to me GT14 with no down pressure

HorseWhisperer

Picked this up a couple months ago and was sceptical as I am of most Hydrogear Sunstrands.I have gone through all fluid/filter changes and got to the hydro inspection/tune.No relief spring issues,no broken pawl.This stud will climb a wall.I picked up several cat 0 implements but I just noticed there is no down pressure on this three point.Is there supposed to be?I had a 69 electro that had down pressure.Why wouldn't this beast

20180831_135010.jpg

• Excellent 3

19richie66

Looks like it would also pull down the wall! Looks like a boss.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

gwest_ca

The option in 1969 was model 5-5411 and know nothing about it. Click on the pictures.

Garry

• Excellent 2

HorseWhisperer
3 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

The option in 1969 was model 5-5411 and know nothing about it. Click on the pictures.

Garry

This was an independent control lever option?

KC9KAS

There was another option for the GT-14....a 2nd hydraulic cylinder on the 3 pt lift with a 2nd control valve. This allowed you to have mid AND rear hydraulic lifting capabilities at the same time.

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer
15 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

There was another option for the GT-14....a 2nd hydraulic cylinder on the 3 pt lift with a 2nd control valve. This allowed you to have mid AND rear hydraulic lifting capabilities at the same time.

Omg,I dont jow how it would be better

• Like 1

953 nut
13 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

The unit @HorseWhisperer has here is set up for that type hook up. The cylinder would connect to the two points I have circled in green.

5b89e8217886c_1three.jpg.bfb4657c8717fee29cb5472f001b1515.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ztnoo

I don't see the second control valve handle on your machine either.......

Cylinder needed is outlined in yellow.

5b89f418cb906_3pointcylinder.jpg.0ee1c7c3f0eb865adc1109a0381a9940.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

HorseWhisperer
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

The unit @HorseWhisperer has here is set up for that type hook up. The cylinder would connect to the two points I have circled in green.

5b89e8217886c_1three.jpg.bfb4657c8717fee29cb5472f001b1515.jpg

Sweet lord you guys are getting good at this technology stuff 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

HorseWhisperer
44 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I don't see the second control valve handle on your machine either.......

Cylinder needed is outlined in yellow.

5b89f418cb906_3pointcylinder.jpg.0ee1c7c3f0eb865adc1109a0381a9940.jpg

I thought that was for a 12v actuator option.Now I see the light.I had a commando 8 years ago that had a 12v electric brinley hitch much like that.

ztnoo

When you closely examine the file manuals Garry noted, you'll see lots of things I wasn't aware of.

I've owned a GT 14 for going on 40 years now, but it was one without a 3 point hitch.....all I have ever done is mow with the tractor.

So, the hook up and operational mechanism of how the three point actually functioned was really a mostly mystery to me.

Actually it appears like the rear cylinder is an additional option to the first manual cited.

What I'm really curious about is the distance range of motion for both set ups......whether they are about the same, or if the rear cylinder option offers more overall motion up and down.

Hopefully some owners with these options will chime in on this because I'm very interested to know.

Are there any other implements beside a tiller where the downward pressure afforded by the rear cylinder option would prove helpful?

• Like 1

KC9KAS
10 hours ago, HorseWhisperer said:

Sweet lord you guys are getting good at this technology stuff 🤣🤣🤣

I have a 69 GT-14 that I removed the bar that operates the 3 point lift and installed a 2nd cylinder and control valve.

It was VERY tight in the tunnel to get the valve mounted and the hoses connected, but I really like it after I got it done.

The original hook-up (WH option) was a shaft running from the outside left hand side of the tunnel to the inside to operate the control valve. The valve handle was mounted on the outside left of the tunnel.

I have photos of my set up but are in Photo Bucket, and we all know how that turned out!!

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I have a box scraper with adjustable scarifiers,that unit itself doesnt need down pressure but as for the cultivator and york rake well they could use a little help.I have had a c160 for years and I have a 12v linear electric actuator lift on it.It never says no to up or down!lol

HorseWhisperer

I was MIA at work a couple years,what happened to the photobucket goodies KC?

KC9KAS
13 minutes ago, HorseWhisperer said:

They want to CHARGE  us for using OUR photos.

ztnoo
3 hours ago, KC9KAS said:
3 hours ago, HorseWhisperer said:

They want to CHARGE us for using OUR photos.

To the tune of $400 per year, I believe.

That's enough to pay for 20 years of Supporter status here at Red Square.

And as long as there's a Red Square, every picture posted here, will stay here. Period.

_________

@KC9KAS

Have you actually tried to access your Photobucket pics?

I was able to get into my account within the last ten days or so, and saved everything there to file on an external hard drive, so I at least have all of those pics I stored there over the years.

That doesn't help me with sites that require third party hosting, but at least I have everything I originally put on Photobucket.

It would be fascinating to know how much they projected they could collect in new revenue with their new rip off program versus what they have actually received in revenue.

My guess is its been like pennies on the thousands of dollars. It may have been the lead balloon of the decade.

And they made lots of enemies in the process.....

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

KC9KAS
27 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

To the tune of $400 per year, I believe.

That's enough to pay for 20 years of Supporter status here at Red Square.

And as long as there's a Red Square, every picture posted here, will stay here. Period.

_________

@KC9KAS

Have you actually tried to access your Photobucket pics?

I was able to get into my account within the last ten days or so, and saved everything there to file on an external hard drive, so I at least have all of those pics I stored there over the years.

That doesn't help me with sites that require third party hosting, but at least I have everything I originally put on Photobucket.

It would be fascinating to know how much they projected they could collect in new revenue with their new rip off program versus what they have actually received in revenue.

My guess is its been like pennies on the thousands of dollars. It may have been the lead balloon of the decade.

And they made lots of enemies in the process.....

Regards,

Steve

I did recently save info that told me "how" to get my Photo Bucket photos saved elsewhere.

HorseWhisperer

I never used photobucket on here,I think I joined in 08.I always thought it was a little jenky.I didnt trust it for some reason.I was wondering why so many archive photos were unavailable.So anyone that uses photobucket on here lost or cannot retrieve the old photos until the loot is payed?

ztnoo
2 hours ago, HorseWhisperer said:

So anyone that uses photobucket on here lost or cannot retrieve the old photos until the loot is payed?

I didn't pay one red cent.

I was simply able to get into my account, and when I could, I copied everything that was there to my outboard hard drive.

End of my story and my use of Photobucket.

Hasta la vista!

• Haha 1