Pogo 57

C-125 Fuel Tank

Pogo 57

I believe I have a blocked fuel tank and need to remove it.  Anything I should be aware of in or is it  just removing the seat pan?

stevasaurus

Should come out nice and easy.  You may need a new pet cock and rubber bushing though.  TORO still has those.  I found a white spider clogging the pet cock in one of my friend's horse.  She had to drive it with the choke 1/2 out to make it run...until we discovered the issue.  :)

ol550

You might just need to pull the valve out of the bottom of the tank to clear anything that may be blocking the valve. You will need a new bushing when reinstalling the valve.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:    Shouldn't be any reason to remove the tank to clear the blocked valve and/or screen.    Pull the valve out first and that will release the rubber grommet/bushing.

To install the new valve and grommet,

insert the valve in the flanged end of the grommet only to the first barb

coat the grommet with grease

Insert the grommet completely into the tank by pushing on the grommet flange

then push the valve fully into the grommet

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pogo 57

Thanks Ed it was a bad fuel shut off, had a hard white guk inside.  8.95 and we are good to go.  I think I'll start at that end the next time!

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor
18 minutes ago, Pogo 57 said:

Thanks Ed it was a bad fuel shut off, had a hard white guk inside.  8.95 and we are good to go.  I think I'll start at that end the next time!

That hard white gunk is the ethanol reacting to the metal of the valve. Suggestions would be to use non-ethanol fuel or at least treat for ethanol in the fuel. If you use your tractor on a regular basis but not year round, maybe run it empty at the end of the season and buy a gallon of non-ethanol fuel to let sit in the tractor during the off season.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2

Pogo 57

I use K-100 fuel treatment.  THE best I have ever found..  Use it in everything including the motorhome.