oliver2-44

RETIRED

oliver2-44

Well, I retired yesterday. My official date will be in a few weeks after I burn up some vacation leave.

I have a several furniture and cabinet repair projects in my shop that Im working on with my sons.  It great to spend ship time with them. But,  I’m hopefully through with them after Labor Day weekend.  I have a pile of Tres-Suburban’ parts calling.  Our large area tractor show is in Temple, Tx October 6th and I hope to have uno-tres done by them. Lots of retirement plans.....but a mid afternoon nap is calling!

Im already working on plans to be at the Big Show next year!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Ed Kennell

Congrats Jim.    Enjoy and I hope to see you in June.

SylvanLakeWH

Congratulations!

Enjoy!

Daddy Don

Congratulation I retired 8 years ago and enjoyed every day of it. Find something to do every day and don't waste your life away. Great things for you are ahead for you . Take advantage of it. :roll:  

• Like 1

Marv

Congratulations. Been retired 18 years now. Yea what daddy Don said.

Marv

953 nut
2 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

already working on plans to be at the Big Show next year!

The best career move I ever made was twelve years ago when I retired.  Looking forward to meeting you at the Big Show.

SALTYWRIGHT

I RETIRED AT 65 24 YEARS AGO. I HAVE EVERY DAY.   RUSS

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

oliver2-44

Thanks everyone. I foresee all of you, my friends here at  Redsquare being part of my retirement for many years. 

• Like 1

19richie66

Congratulations! Has to be a great feeling to not have to report to work. 

Kurt-NEPA

Congratulations.  I bailed out 9 years ago.  No regrets.  The best retirement advise is to keep busy.

stevebo

Good luck I am jealous....

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Congratulations

Lane Ranger

Jim:    Save room on your trailer for the Big Show to bring parts back !  Conrats on retirement !  Enjoy your hobbies!

Racinbob

Congratulations Jim!!

I'm betting that it won't be long before you'll wonder how you ever found time for work.  :)

• Like 2

oliver2-44
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Congratulations Jim!!

I'm betting that it won't be long before you'll wonder how you ever found time for work.  :)

i believe you will be right about that Bob. Between my list of, projects, the family farm, the 2 grandsons, and striving to be a tranny novice (I never match the old pro @stevasaurus). I already don’t see how I’ll ever get to my wife’s list😇

• Like 1

Cvans

Best of luck to you in your new endeavor. I LOVE RETIREMENT! Staying busy makes retirement just that much more fun. 

stevasaurus

Congratulations Jim...hopefully you ease into retirement gracefully.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  You can call me anytime.

This is an original truism from the Book..."The World According to Stevasaurus" 

"Sometimes you have to think of doing nothing, as something to do."  :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 2

oliver2-44
14 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

This is an original truism from the Book..."The World According to Stevasaurus" 

"Sometimes you have to think of doing nothing, as something to do."  :occasion-xmas:

It’s going to take a lot of retirement rehab to reach that “truism” @stevasaurus.  

To add to my abouve “to-do” list my retired farm neighbor just told me...the local metal recycling yard allows people to search the yard while the machines are shut down and the crews are at lunch each day

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

steelman

Congratulations!! I retired two years ago and one of the hardest questions to answer is, what do you do every day? I just say it's like every day is a Saturday or vacation and I do whatever feels right. Love the freedom that comes with retiring! 

• Like 2

stevasaurus

If there is one thing that I just hate about being retired...it is that I still manage to learn something every day.  Drives me crazy!!  :occasion-xmas:

I'm older then dirt and I still don't know everything.  :text-lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

squonk

I have 9 yrs. to go if my body holds out! :(

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

WHX??

Congrats Jjm... gimme three years and I'll be joining you! I read somewhere the best time for those power naps is between 1 & 4 PM! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Marv
44 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Congrats Jjm... gimme three years and I'll be joining you! I read somewhere the best time for those power naps is between 1 & 4 PM! :lol:

:text-yeahthat:

Marv

• Excellent 1