Armstrong Restoration

Axel/oil seals

Armstrong Restoration

Need C195 axel seals

Does anyone know where I can get these? 

Part #? 

953 nut

:WRS:

The axle oil seal you need would be a SKF 11050 and can be purchased at NAPA or any good industrial supply house. The biggest challenge may be removing the hubs. There are lots of threads on here on that subject.

Once you get the hubs off the rest is a snap. Use some wet/dry sand paper or a fine file to remove any roughness from the axles and key-ways. BE SURE THE SHAFT IS SMOOTH OR IT WILL RUIN THE NEW SEAL. Use an awl to poke a hole in the metal outer ring of the old oil seal and pop it out. lubricate the axle shaft with oil silicone or lithium spray. Carefully slide the new seal onto the shaft and slide it all the way onto the shaft. Being sure the seal is square to the shaft slide the hub up to the new seal and tap on the hub with a hammer handle to drive the seal in flush with the axle housing. Put the key in the slot and slide the hub onto it and tighten the set screws. That is all there is to it.

• Like 1

Armstrong Restoration

Hey Gary thank you for your information. I seen them on that site but I didn't want to pay $25 for two trying to get them cheaper.  I ordered two from a wheels horse website they ship them about two months ago and I have not got them yet they lost them in the mail and they will not ship me two more.it sucks but what do you do you I will not order off that site any longer. Thanks for your time 

Armstrong Restoration

Thank you so much for that information that is what I'm looking for have a good day.👍

• Like 1

stevasaurus

If you have a Motion Industries near you, you can order the parts and pick them up.  I find they are usually cheaper that way, then what they have in their catalog.  :)

Armstrong Restoration

It's all good. I ordered two off of Napa auto. Thank you for your time 

• Like 1