jhunsch

Pulling Tire recommendations please

jhunsch

Hey Guys and Gales what's the best Bar type pulling tire.

I will be going after some 26x12x12

But what brand is at the top of your list.

Should they be 4 ply 6  or 8 ply.

Which one would you pick  straight bar or the other one. 

Thanks in advance.

s-l640.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

I have both of those styles on my workers, the bottom "Lawn Trac R1" do seem to hold traction longer in snow than the straight bar "Deestone", but I would say if you have the money the Firestone 23° would be your #1 choice with Carlise Tru-power and the Lawn Trac #2 for a puller tire, Jeff.

• Like 2

stevebo

Firestone floatations👍

Non cut tire in 4 ply

• Like 2

jhunsch
11 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I have both of those styles on my workers, the bottom "Lawn Trac R1" do seem to hold traction longer in snow than the straight bar "Deestone", but I would say if you have the money the Firestone 23° would be your #1 choice with Carlise Tru-power and the Lawn Trac #2 for a puller tire, Jeff.

Thank you for your reply.  I really appreciate you.  Trying to be more competitive. 

• Thanks 1

jhunsch
9 hours ago, stevebo said:

Firestone floatations👍

Non cut tire in 4 ply

Thank you for your reply.  I really appreciate you.  Trying to be more competitive. 

ELECTRORIC

Check out VOGEL Pulling they sell a bar lug tire for pulling it is hardened they work good

• Like 2

jhunsch
3 hours ago, ELECTRORIC said:

Check out VOGEL Pulling they sell a bar lug tire for pulling it is hardened they work good

Will do, I have heard of them before.

Thank you for your help.

Notfishin

i have two sets  of vogel  23x10.50x12  tires  they pull great but both sets are cut . have never tryed them un cut . 

jhunsch
1 minute ago, Notfishin said:

i have two sets  of vogel  23x10.50x12  tires  they pull great but both sets are cut . have never tryed them un cut . 

Not much into the cut tire class of pulling yet.

I appreciate everything folks do for one another here on Red Square.

Thank You 

ELECTRORIC

Cutting will help but my club doesn't allow cut tires in their stock class.

Spareparts

Deestone is the worst in my opion and their sizes seem smaller than the competion, Vogel in good right off the shelf and better when ground a little, we can "sharpen them  but not alter the profile

I wen't to Feldman's Farm Supply and they had a set of Carlisle 23X10.50X12 Tru Power on clearance, the sales person said they were about 3 yrs old (lost in the warehouse) and no one wanted them.

$100 for the pair, I ran them to the truck , A lot goes into pulling tires, Brand, wheel width, wheel offset, tire pressure, type of track, moisture, weight placement, and most of all LUCK. I have had decent 

luck with Hi-Run after the first year, they seem to get harder faster than most brands.

• Like 2

stevebo

I have these on my economy and went back to the true power cut tires on the 953. They both dig well. These are the Firestone Flotation tires 4 ply. They are pricey but IMO worth it. 

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

• Like 4

jhunsch
8 hours ago, Spareparts said:

Deestone is the worst in my opion and their sizes seem smaller than the competion, Vogel in good right off the shelf and better when ground a little, we can "sharpen them  but not alter the profile

I wen't to Feldman's Farm Supply and they had a set of Carlisle 23X10.50X12 Tru Power on clearance, the sales person said they were about 3 yrs old (lost in the warehouse) and no one wanted them.

$100 for the pair, I ran them to the truck , A lot goes into pulling tires, Brand, wheel width, wheel offset, tire pressure, type of track, moisture, weight placement, and most of all LUCK. I have had decent 

luck with Hi-Run after the first year, they seem to get harder faster than most brands.

I have to agree, Deestone is a poor pulling tire. 

Thank you for your reply it was helpful.

jhunsch
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

I have these on my economy and went back to the true power cut tires on the 953. They both dig well. These are the Firestone Flotation tires 4 ply. They are pricey but IMO worth it. 

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

Nice 953. Thanks for your help and your time posting pictures. You have been very helpful.

fast88pu

Firestone 23 for stock class unless you can find an old pair of superlugs. 

dieselpuller

I run Vogel they work great, Firestone does not make the 26x12x12 & 23x 10x50 or 8x50 . That is yes you have to buy them Thu Miller Tire. I think Mckerdie in PA makes them not sure. I am buy another set for my 3 cylinder diesel puller  . I will have them cut like my pair on my Wheel Horse now .  I used to use Firestones for years Hope this helps, Walt