c-series don

Where is the AMC Jeep/Wheel Horse from the early 80's

c-series don

Does anyone know where they went? I believe there were five of them made? Some of you guys know what I'm talking about and can post pictures of it. I can't find any? 

• Like 2

CasualObserver

I saved pictures here....

the topic is somewhere here, but I have no idea where it went after ebay.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Thats neat!

• Excellent 1

Machineguy

That’s awesome! I knew about the Palimino Jeeps I believe used Cub drivelines but I had no idea these existed!!!!

Thanks for the topic guys! 

mikekot3

Very KEWL !!

• Like 1

mikekot3

Another very nice tractor woo hoo !

AMC RULES

• Like 2

c-series don

I have to wonder how many are still out there? Talk about a collectors item! 

• Like 1

Wild Bill in VA

We had a Wheel Horse Jeep Jr at the Annual Wheel Horse Show quite a few years back. As I remember it had lots of "off the shelf" Wheel Horse parts incorporated into the unit.  The owner was a Oliver and Wheel Horse tractor collector but his name escapes at the moment ( I think his first name was Phil). I'm thinking there was only 3 of the Jeep Jr's made and one was in England. He told us that the Jeep could do 35 MPH and gave us a little demonstration of it capable speed ... it was fast.

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA 

Edited by Wild Bill in VA
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

I wanted to revive this nearly five year old thread I started. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or knows the whereabouts of these? Or if there is any still left? They’re pretty cool! 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Wheel-N-It
2 hours ago, c-series don said:

I wanted to revive this nearly five year old thread I started. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or knows the whereabouts of these? Or if there is any still left? They’re pretty cool! 

I remember this thread from years ago.  It would be great if one would turn up at the big show next month.

• Like 2

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

I had thought about building a similar 2 seater with a jeep body when a Roof Palimino had slipped through my fingers. Still think about adding one of these body kits to the Roof 60 tractor but it's a little expensive.

th?id=OIP.puX_XqQFQKH5K4JuywwtNwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

https://www.morris4x4center.com/omix-mini-jeep-mb-steel-body-kit-mini-mb.html?msclkid=48b673764d7212e9cf2817110c5dfd19&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SHOP_M_MM_exterior&utm_term=4582833193426367&utm_content=body %26 frame

Or building one from the Mini Beep plans from Struck. Bought the plans a while ago and even found a guy that could CNC cut all the body parts.

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

If you were to build a mini-beep out of AdvanTech 4x8 sheets of engineered subflooring and Simpson Strong Tie fasteners, it would probably be darn near indestructible. You'd probably need a 20 horsepower engine to make up the difference in the extra weight. 

• Haha 2