Bill D

What is your favorite modification?

JPWH

I agree with above. Studs and lug nuts, custom stacks and rear hydraulics. Only one tractor for reference and it's not complete.lol 

KIMG1110.jpg.4cddf7b5a5c08348c9a102702974446c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

Both of my Wheel Horses are highly modified. The C-120/180 with an 18 Briggs Vanguard 5 lug front hubs and wheels with 6 ply tires. 1/2" heims joints on the tie rods new fan gear steering rod with nut adjustment ( not sure what model WH it was for I ordered it some time in the early 90"s ). Turned a new front axle pivot pin out of a Mercury tie rod.

Built a front bumper and 2" receiver hitch to the rear. Added a oil pressure gauge and I'm sure I forgot something.

SAM_0416.jpg

The 312-8 has reinforced front spindles the, frame has been reinforced with 1/4" x 1 1/2" steel  down the the bottom of the transmission mount. The rear fender, brackets and gas tank has been raised 1 3/4" for 25x900x12 rear tires also 2" receive was added braced off the top of the transmission.

SAM_0453.jpg

SAM_0478_1.jpgfree image hosting sites

SAM_0484.jpg

I can't say what modification I like best, maybe the next one.

The foot rest has been reinforced If you look close on the last picture I spot welded 3/8" rod under the out side edge. They were bent when I got the tractor I beat them back straight.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 4

Digger 66

Favorite Mod ( to the Wheel Horse or any vehicle ) has got to be TIRES !

Ag's & Tri-ribs for the Horse .

Kenda Bearclaw HTR's ( 8 ply radials ) for the wheeler .

And ...today .. The Silverado is getting 4 spankin new Firestones . Will post pics of that later today .

dC5HPaV.jpg

nuT3iFN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977

I had to scrape the built up grass out of my deck. We were dry for almost two months then the end of July I rained a couple of storms for two weeks. This last week It only rained three time. I had the tractor jacked up to get the grass out and one front wheel sounded dry. So I took it apart to add some grease and took a couple of pictures.

Here is the modified front spindle.  The big section is 1 3/8" and the small one is 1 1/16".

SAM_0808.jpg

Greased and back together good for another 30 years until the next greasing.

SAM_0809.jpghost image

• Like 1

Digger 66

Pop a greasable "bearing buddy" on there in place of the dust cap and you'll be able to grease them without taking the whole shebang apart .

https://trailerparts.com/trailer-hub-grease-cap-kit-1-99-1-31-32-o-d-1-pair.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwkrrbBRB9EiwAhlN8_NBFkxMRe-XmEvCiLx5KKbqJMeEFPWbDlYqkeIaSeDqqifdspEF7exoCnFsQAvD_BwE

• Like 2

Skipper

For trailer hub conversions I would suggest getting the hub type that has a grease zerk. That fills from the inside/middle, and pushes out old grease. Just an idea for the ones about to do it :-) 

• Excellent 2