Bill D

What is your favorite modification?

Bill D

I suspect most of us have modified our Wheel Horse's in some way or another.  What is your favorite mod and why?  I have installed 15 inch, 3 spoke, soft touch steering wheels on all my tractors along pedals from a late 80's eight speed on my GT 1642 as I like that style better than what it came with.  I have also insalled LED light under the floor boards of my primary mower in case is starts to get dark as I am finishing the lawn.

Bill 

• Like 8

JAinVA

Lug bolts and nuts,15" 3 spoke steering wheels when I can get them and 520 gear reduction steering.Lug bolts make mounting rear wheels easier,15 inch three spoke steering wheels fit my hand better and 520 gear reduction steering with 4 lug hubs for ease of steering.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

CasualObserver

Seat springs on my late 60s models. A little gentler ride and slightly longer reach for the clutch pedal are nice.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

My B80 has quite a few changes.

All tires bigger.

Added fluid weight.

Smaller engine pulley.

Exhaust stack.

ALL our tractors get rear lugs.

Lotsa cool stuff !!!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

http://www.wheelhorse.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7483, added heim joints to smooth out function and remove sloppy fit. also added springs to my snow plow to follow the blade, I will get picture soon. just regularly try to improve on problems as they show up, pete

• Like 8

rjg854

I gotta agree with the studs and lug nuts, led bulbs, seats cause most any tractor you get needs one.  And 2 of my horses got stacks. So I suppose you could say I follow the herd.:ychain:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

Wheel studs on anything that is going to have the rear wheels changed more than once a year especially when the tires are fluid filled or have wheel weights attached. AG tires on anything that will see ground engaging attachments and on some that don’t because they look cool!  Stacks on tractors that aren’t used for mowing (don’t want to accidentally tag a low tree branch!). Outside of those, it would be tractor based.  Some of mine have more mods and some are pretty much stock...

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Machineguy

From project to running! :ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

Aldon

Two that are equal in my opinion out a couple dozen that come to mind.

Additional steel bracing under the rear fenders of the Restomod GT14 build I did. Really makes a huge difference.

Adding more modern attach-a-matic brackets onto my Gt14’s ditching the original style Mule contraption.

i guess converting to points is a good one as well.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

roadapples

Relocated battery to under seat of C160 after adding gear reduction steering. Also trailer hubs & wheels in the front and studs in rear hubs...

Almost forgot, added backhoe off of D250...

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Skipper

Many of the above, and a few more.

Highest on my " to do when time allows " is a 3 cylinder diesel conversion. and a hydraulic servo steering ala automotive style, and some other far out ideas I'm contemplating.

Can anyone tell me what steering wheel it is that you all talk about?

• Like 4

ebinmaine
42 minutes ago, pullstart said:

like the mods that make you wonder if it came from the factory that way

Yeah...

• Like 1

wallfish

Wrapping the front tires with #40 roller chain for better steering during snow blowing and snow plowing

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

mmmmmdonuts

Does adding a FEL count as a mod if you built it yourself? 

Otherwise probably, converting my old Raider to get the tach-a-matic and a two inch receiver on the back. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

Skipper
2 hours ago, mmmmmdonuts said:

Does adding a FEL count as a mod if you built it yourself? 

I would say that counts :laughing-rofl:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
6 hours ago, wallfish said:

Wrapping the front tires with #40 roller chain for better steering during snow blowing and snow plowing

Roller chain??? Really John. It may help steering, but you're too modest. I bought my backhoe. John built his....:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

The simple things, like loaded tires... and the cool things like adding an 8 speed to Putt Putt.  I like the mods that make you wonder if it came from the factory that way too, like how awesome that K-181 fits under the hood.  And a cherry bomb... that’s just hot rod fun.

69F52EC9-F485-4709-9978-2AB97633B5FE.jpeg

putt putt looks good, but what i want to know is, who's driving it:lol:

wallfish

2 hours ago, roadapples said:

Roller chain??? Really John. It may help steering, but you're too modest. I bought my backhoe. John built his....:handgestures-thumbupright:

The hoe is a little over the top for most horse owners to build or do as a modification so I was think'n more like modifications everyone, or at least the majority can use for ideas and do to their own horse. Although EVERYONE should have a FEL and Backhoe horse!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 2