Kenneth R Cluley

Moving some dirt

Pollack Pete

Way too hot and humid for man and machine.Hope you're drinking lots of  " fluids ".Hopefully it will get cooler for your building job.Nice Horse,by the way.Enjoy your up coming retirement.

953 nut
8 hours ago, Kenneth R Cluley said:

Retiring from Fire dept. in about 6 months and need some space to "create"

:text-coolphotos:             I have found that retirement is the best career choice I ever made!      Enjoy!              :woohoo:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Retired Wrencher
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:             I have found that retirement is the best career choice I ever made!      Enjoy!              :woohoo:

I agree with that 100& Richard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Adding workshop to back of garage. Moving dirt from digging footers for stem walls. Also putting carport(corral) for horse parking. Retiring from Fire dept. in about 6 months and need some space to "create". Working around daily thunderstorms and It's only 1000 degrees with 400% humidity here so going slow!

IMG_20180807_165346501_HDR.jpg

Ken enjoy your new found free dom. It is a good thing as long you have things to do.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

1000 degrees with 400% humidity here

That's toasty!!!

Happy retirement.

I'll get there someday maybe...

• Haha 1

clueless
9 hours ago, Kenneth R Cluley said:

Adding workshop to back of garage. Moving dirt from digging footers for stem walls. Also putting carport(corral) for horse parking. Retiring from Fire dept. in about 6 months and need some space to "create". Working around daily thunderstorms and It's only 1000 degrees with 400% humidity here so going slow!

IMG_20180807_165346501_HDR.jpg

I feel you, Ken, heat index over 106 degrees the last two days up here in Pensacola :huh:. I'm also retired, Some day can be a little boring but I struggle though B).

FatJackDurham

Looks similar to a project I did recently with mine. I used the dozer to push down big piles, then used a grader blade to level it out, towing a 400 lb poly roller. Worked pretty good, but the grader didn't float all that well on my GT-14. Does that tractor use a hydraulic lift or a chain?

BTW, I completely dig that front in ball hitch. That is going on one of my tractors before the winter for sure.

• Like 1

Kenneth R Cluley

Has hydraulic lift, saves that left shoulder and arm. The front hitch was on horse when i got it. PO was pilot and had small plane he moved around with tractor. Sarge would probably not like weld job and I thought about fixing it myself but it has held and not high on my priorities, maybe when I retire.

The Tuul Crib

Good luck with your retirement as well! 

I've worked around a lot of firemen over the years doing stage work here in Nashville. You all are the greatest! Good luck also with your Hurd !

Marv
On 8/9/2018 at 6:45 AM, Retierd Wrencher said:

Ken enjoy your new found free dom. It is a good thing as long you have things to do.

And you need a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Besides it feels right and good.

Marv

• Like 1