sdhdcouple

do we have an area?

sdhdcouple

do we have a place to post "what is it worth" questions?

just wondering  I have a chance to buy a couple of large wheel horses and do know what i should offer on them

• Like 1

elliot ness

Now all of this information is just my opinion. When you say large, do you mean D series ? If you do, then the condition means a lot as far as value, and then comes the extras like a rear PTO and 3-point Do they run? But a junk D series 160 180 and 200  series is worth 2 to 4 hundred, and a real nice loaded up one can bring as much as 3000.00. Now if you are talking D250, well that's another ball game, The D250's in junk condition 3 to 6 hundred and a nice loaded up one maybe 25 to 32 hundred. and if you have one with a loader, well the loaders them selves can bring 1200 to 1600 .

• Like 1

953 nut

I would say your question would fit this category. Lots of people have asked for valuations here before and there are a few considerations such as location, condition and how badly you want/need them.

Post a bunch of photos and as much information as you have and you will get many opinions.    :wwp:

• Like 1

sdhdcouple

well here is what i know.  I seen them yesterday. they are a friend of mines and he is getting rid of a lot of things because he is out of room.  Not a tractor person at all.  that said he has a d160 and d180 both look really nice, not restored but not beat up.  always in garage.  neither have rear pto.  And both have 3 point.  he got ride of the mower deck decade or more ago because they were to small and he has 15 acres to mow.  uses one to pull a sweeper gang unit and the other a spray tank.  that is all they have been used for for i would say 20 years now, if not longer.  no implement at all, sold or scraped them long ago.

of all days to have forgot my phone.   he said he sell them to me cheap, he knows i am a tractor nut.  I bought a nice troy built from him for $175 bucks yesterday so i am hoping these go cheap also.  

but i have no clue.  If for example, my tractor in my avatar  was a 5 out of 10.  these two would be an 8 or 9 easy as far as an original tractor, not restored or show tractor.

Wild Bill in VA

Ok so let the guy throw out the first price.

Has he got replacements for the tractors ? If so a cheap price is what you throw back but if he still might need them he might need a higher price to help him let go of the tractors.

It is very hard to give price evaluations with out seeing of looking over detailed photos of the Wheel Horses.

Market value, depending on where you live can easily determine price, a Wheel Horse Pennsylvania is worth more then one is southern Arizona.

Are the tractors running and have you taken them for a test drive ? Any hydrostatic Wheel Horse should be driven for at least 10 minutes to see if the transmission is in good working order. Check the engine oil and look them over to see what kind of maintenance they have gotten over the years.

Remember it's your name that is on the line when making deals, you get a tractor cheap because you fast talked some little old lady and she finds out .........she just might not tell you about her friend who has a perfect condition RJ-58 with all the attachments for sale.

Sorry for the rambling on but see what the guy wants for them and if your willing to pay the price then you both should be happy.

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

• Like 4