Sign in to follow this  
Arthur England

520H power meter/ vacuum gauge flickers

Arthur England

My fairly new to me 520H which looked very good in the pictures has a growing list of things to resolve.

I dont know if it is related to the rough running (See 520 running away) but the gauge connected to the inlet manifold does not hold a steady reading. The needle vibrates over perhaps a quarter of its ark. Also the breather makes a loud noise and if you hold your finger over the hose that enters the bottom of the air cleaner it sucks quite hard.

I have had the breather apart and made sure that the four balls are free and that the packing is clean,

The Onan manual shows a read valve but the wheel horse manual does not and mine only has the ball valves.

I dont know if this is "what they are like sir" or if they are symptoms of worse problems as yet undiscovered.

Cheers 

Arthur

PS I will keep the not charging for another day.

WVHillbilly520H

I have had my first 520H since buying it brand new, the "vacuum/horsepower" gauge has fluctuated at idle thru WOT since day one except when in very tall/deep grass or chucking snow with the thrower/blowers then it stays rather steady at 75% or more, it the nature of the beast.