Machineguy

Saturday night with a Horse

Machineguy

It’s finally in the shop! Probably gonna pull the Tecumseh tonight and might trial fit the K321 on it. I think I know what I’ve gotta do to make that look right with the low hood height. 

2E51576B-A492-4546-A570-39F148C5844C.jpeg

B0760B40-7310-4AC1-84C1-537D0BCA842B.jpeg

• Like 5

Machineguy

One of these is going on there! Lol

5EF9827C-F590-42FE-AAEB-F3C478E13ECB.jpeg

• Like 7

stevebo

Kohler power for sure

• Excellent 1

Tankman

Love Horses! Be sure to update your progress, the family needs has to know! 

Family.jpg.0e61db424082ff0d7b1e87a07cd5e9ba.jpg

• Haha 4

WHNJ701

just finished up, sprayed the commando up with pb this morning. went out before almost every thing freed up, now it's patio time

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H Find out where he lives so we can go five finger discount some engines :ph34r:.

• Haha 6

WVHillbilly520H
21 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H Find out where he lives so we can go five finger discount some engines :ph34r:.

I believe we would need to use all 10 fingers plus :ROTF:

• Haha 2

dells68
7 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I believe we would need to use all 10 fingers plus :ROTF:

Count me in🤣.  We VA guys have to hang together.  Maybe we can swap in a few Techumsehs and he'll never know😂🤣😂.

• Haha 4

Machineguy

I’m up to 9 little tractors. I only had 2 before March and I’m running out of room. Stay tuned guys, you might see me on one of those intervention shows! My wife thinks I have a problem and she’s right! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Machineguy

Getting tight in my little shop. 4 little tractors on wheels and a completely disassembled MF 14. 

There’s no such thing as a garage too big!!! 

2AC497EE-A01A-409C-8BA8-3AD3690202C6.jpeg

• Like 7

kasey54

I too love the kohlers, however that briggs with the starter generator might be my choice! Nice to have the choices for sure.

• Like 2

Machineguy
31 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Count me in🤣.  We VA guys have to hang together.  Maybe we can swap in a few Techumsehs and he'll never know😂🤣😂.

It’s awesome to see some other VA guys on here! My family history in VA goes back to 1623 in Jamestown. I’m into history and have deep roots here in Virginia. Especially in Franklin County and Tazwell. That’s where the majority of my Grandparents people are from. If you’ve ever seen the movie Lawless, I’m sitting about 15 minutes from where the bridge scene at the end actually took place. My family and the Bondurants served in the Franklin 10th Calvary together in the Civil War. They all came from the same area of Blackwater. I’ve got loads of stuff I can tell about the Moonshine Capital of the world! Lol

You guys are great! Glad I joined Red Square 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tankman
38 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Getting tight in my little shop. 4 little tractors on wheels and a completely disassembled MF 14. 

Perhaps squeeze in a real Mustang? :think:

Mustang.jpg.ad76010b35ec9ac6cba75c7131743a7e.jpg

The boys would be real angry if you walked with their Mustang!

Charlie_Linus.jpg.d9972c2535f4da4927446157688fe795.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Haha 3

Machineguy
24 minutes ago, kasey54 said:

I too love the kohlers, however that briggs with the starter generator might be my choice! Nice to have the choices for sure.

Actually the Briggs and the Kawasaki are spoken for. My father in law had that in his garage and it had came off his father in laws old Simplicity. I actually found it and it’s coming home to me!! I’m gonna put them back together. 

The Kawaski is going on my Massey Ferguson 14 and should be a beast! 

• Like 1

Tankman
48 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

I’m up to 9 little tractors. I only had 2 before March and I’m running out of room. Stay tuned guys, you might see me on one of those intervention shows! My wife thinks I have a problem and she’s right! 🤣🤣🤣

carrot-and-stick.jpg.118f912f6ab84496eda69113c0e07b93.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

dells68
19 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

It’s awesome to see some other VA guys on here!

There are several of us scattered around the state, most east of me.  I live about 1hr 15min or so from Tazwell in Glade Spring.  All great guys.  I wish we could get together and have a  meet and greet somewhere in VA for the fall.  It would be great to pull everybody together, especially the southern guys that might not make it to the Big Show in June.  Hint, hint @WV Hillbilly, @oldredrider, @857 horse, @elcamino/wheelhorse, and others my brain is too tired to think of!!  By the way, only 9, you're  just getting started - we're up to 19, 22 counting farm tractors!

Edited by dells68
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Machineguy
7 minutes ago, dells68 said:

There are several of us scattered around the state, most east of me.  I live about 1hr 15min or so from Tazwell in Glade Spring.  All great guys.  I wish we could get together and have a  meet and greet somewhere in VA for the fall.  It would be great to pull everybody together, especially the southern guys that might not make it to the Big Show in June.  Hint, hint @WV Hillbilly, @oldredrider, @857 horse, @elcamino/wheelhorse, and others my brain is too tired to think of!!

That sounds great!!! I’ve been looking for some guys to do something like this. Please keep me informed! Guys, I’m all about it!!! Heck I’d like to do some kind of show ourselves! 

Seems like most shows are in the upper Midwest and a 12-16 hour drive for working folks is tough. Time gets tight. The big WH PA show is only about 5-1/2 hours from me. I just learned about this show watching Vinsrj videos 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Excellent 2

johnnymag3

Its gotta be a Kohler for sure......dont want to be workin on that darn thing FOREVER

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Machineguy
5 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Its gotta be a Kohler for sure......dont want to be workin on that darn thing FOREVER

Yeah, I’ve got a Sears with a Tecumseh and it’s living up to my low expectations of it! Lol

I’ve always been a Briggs and Kohler guy. The Big single cylinder Kohler’s always sounded cool to me even as a little kid.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

dont laugh, Kohlers run forever     Good Luck with your endeavors...................

• Like 2

johnnymag3

Im sure it will be cool with whatever you run:)

:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3
36 minutes ago, Tankman said:

carrot-and-stick.jpg.118f912f6ab84496eda69113c0e07b93.jpg

Horses dont argue

• Haha 1

Machineguy
16 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

dont laugh, Kohlers run forever     Good Luck with your endeavors...................

Oh I’m laughing because I’ve got  an HH120 Tecumseh that’s definitely not the quality I’ve come to know from Kohler. 

Dad actully has a 25hp Kohler Command on a 2001 Dixie Chopper we used in our old mowing business that’s never been apart and has 4,700 hours on it. Amsoil since new and one new carb it still runs like a beast! XW 2800 it’s a great machine and will still run stripped circles around any JD z-turn made

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 2

WildmanC120
1 hour ago, Machineguy said:

2AC497EE-A01A-409C-8BA8-3AD3690202C6.jpeg

Whats the white one there in the front?

• Like 1

Machineguy
9 minutes ago, WildmanC120 said:

Whats the white one there in the front?

That’s my Simplicity 9020 Powermax. That was my father in laws and sat for almost 20 years when I got my hands on it. That’s the one that got my long dormant fascination with little tractors reignited.

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 2