dkg520

520H front wheel bearings

dkg520

I have a 1995 520H that the original front tires need to be replaced after 1,050 hours.  Today I removed the front rims and after examining the bearings and seals I feel I should replace them also.  Can someone here please tell me what is the order numbers for the bearings and seals?  I have a NAPA store right down the street if I can get them there.  Thank you for any help. 

cleat

Just get a trailer bearing set for 1" straight axles.

That should come with the bearings, seal, and possibly a new cotter key and dust cap.

I have bought a couple of these over the years and they fit great.

• Like 2

pfrederi

Do you have 3/4 or 1" axles  If 3/4 you can find cheap ones all over made with stamped steel housings.  I prefer machined steel housings and have been using Heim RF122214AP also made in USA

dkg520

Thank you for your help. I have the 1 inch axles. 

Tankman

Parts Tree perhaps.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/41-20o801-520-8-toro-520-8-garden-tractor-1990/wheels-and-tires/

I also like to keep some sintered bronze thrust washers in my parts box. :handgestures-thumbupright:

http://www.qbcbearings.com/Buy/ThrustBearings.php

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Macgyver

On a deal I made for some parts I got about 12 or 15 sets of Timkin bearings and races. I may keep a couple sets but might sell the rest.

squonk

Numbers are right on the bearings. You can take them to any Napa and they can use those numbers unless they have the same flunkys at your store that work at mine.

• Haha 2