Walhonding520

Motion Switch

Walhonding520

I am having trouble with my safety interlock switches.  Working on pinpointing which one is the problem, or if more than one of them.  My seat switch is about to be bypassed.  Which two colored wires on the harness need to be jumped?  I am also not sure if my motion lever is working correctly.  When I turn the key on and to start, the PTO light, parking brake light, and seat switch light (when it is working) will all come on if that switch is tripped.  I am assuming they are working ok then.  But, the motion lever switch light does not come on even if the lever is in a drive position.  Is this switch bad or is this normal?  If I wanted to bypass taht switch also, which two wires do I jump?  Thank you

KC9KAS

I just picked up a 312-8 and every safety switch wire was disconnected. After I replaced the coil it started and ran fine with no ill effects from the disconnected switch wires! I figured some of the wires needed jumped together, but they didn't!

I have a wiring diagram but having a difficult time trying to trouble shoot the switches.

953 nut

This PDF has electrical diagrams broken down bu systems for each year and model. Find your tractor and find the ignition system page and it will show only those components, same for starting and other functions.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I just picked up a 312-8 and every safety switch wire was disconnected. 

I have a wiring diagram but having a difficult time trying to trouble shoot the switches.

Sometimes the switch is good but missing the actuator...notice the difference...took me about 3 weeks to figure it out only then because I had another unmolested unit to look at, Jeff.

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG2141.jpg

• Like 2