Sign in to follow this  
srose3070

84' Workhorse Update

srose3070

First of all I want to thank all the members who helped me with all the technical questions.

The Workhorse is well under way now and I am happy to say it is back on the ground now. The engine runs perfect and the transmission works flawlessly (Due to all the help received). I am including a few pictures of the project as it stands now. I am currently in the process of painting the mower deck so that is not installed yet. I also am waiting on a new seat and new back tires.

This is the hood when I got it.

IMG00018.jpg

Chassis during teardown.

IMG00014.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

Well here are the afters... I know it is not original gray but I don't like Gray but I do like red.

IMG00051.jpg

IMG00053.jpg

IMG00052.jpg

Its not perfect by any means but I am satisfied with my first complete restore project. Again thanks for all the help.

Brian1045

Fine job mate! :thumbs:

I think it looks really good.

Put that seat out to the curb :whistle: ... and then you'll be riding in style!

Nice work!

KyBlue

It does look good...needs Decals thou

Anthony Wendover

looks great! little sad its no longer grey though

Operator

Looks good, even though it isn't "pewter" , :thumbs:

Decals next?

Duff

That's some fine work! Congrats! :thumbs:

Duff :whistle:

Coadster32

Pewter-smewter! That thing looks great. Awesome job for a tenth, nevermind a first. Good JOB!! (I would have done away with the gray also)

srose3070

I appreciate it alot. I do kind of wish I had went with the gray but I guess I'll stick with the red. It has a home from now on :whistle: . I will be putting on the decals for a Workhorse and I am still trying to find a seat I like. I got tires for the back coming. I have the mower deck off and am in the process of blasting it and hope to have it on soon (honey doo list keeps getting in the way :whistle:. Here is my next project as soon as I get the Workhorse finished...

IMG00033.jpg

As you can see the deck is in bad need of some welding. I have a new wire welder and it looks like I am going to need it. The K301 runs just fine now and the transmission and hydraulic deck seem to be ok as well.

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00034.jpg

IMG00036.jpg

I bought a pedal off Ebay as the one in the picture is broken. I have since put that on and replaced the head gasket (Come to find out the bolts were loose)

I will update as soon as I am able. You know gardening season in NC starts soon and I get to plow and disc and till "oh my". Thanks again for the kind words I think I have found a nice hobby to keep me out of my wife's hair at least that is what she tells me :thumbs: