Pullstart

More house work... master bath

Tractorhead

Instead of glass cleaner, you can also use a bit of Water with few dribs of dishsoap in it, that has 

same effect.

arround bathtube to wall connection or washbasin to wall, this is allway’s a senseful finish.

if water spills,it does not run behind

instead of finger you can also use a ice stick ( wooden) 

in rounds this has few advantages, once you get a nice and small clean surface, beware clean fingers and even have a Ice as gift for the Stress.. 😎

• Like 1

Pullstart
30 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

It's multipurpose, can use it on anything that moves really.

Bad news is, Alex doesn't always have the same timeline that the rest of the world does.  She likes to think construction happens the same way Amazon Prime or the house flipper shows work...3 days and you're all done remodeling this 10k sq/ft home with all new everything.   :angry-banghead:  Now she gets told everything takes 2-3 times longer then it actually should so when it's done earlier then expected it's a pleasant surprise.

I don’t understand the extreme makeover show, of all things.  Every step in this room has a “wait 24-72 hours before proceeding to the next step”... they demo and build a gorgeous new house in 7 days!  I claim a tiny bit of smoke and mirrors!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Good tip for the water and dish soap Stefan!  Straight water = guaranteed fail.

• Thanks 1

MikMacMike
48 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Maybe people know this, maybe I’m the only one that was in the dark.  100% silicone is a killer to get right!

I found a video where the guy put the silicone into his joint, then spritzed the area with NON-AMMONIA glass cleaner, then proceeded to wipe with a glass cleaner wetted finger.  What a difference this trick makes!

C18B312D-73EB-4E44-A394-6CC6A56FC9C8.jpeg

3E53FE6F-7681-4BF2-8ABC-B3ED627FFEA4.jpeg

There is another way too, even if its old silicon on an old shower or tub. 1st scrape every last bit of silcon off, second wash with a strong household cleaner. then with plain ordinary vinigar soaked into a rag wipe every joint very thuroughly, the big trick is never to put too much silicon. I run just a thin bead, and I use a cup of water to dip my finger in and when with a wet finger wipe the joint. Ive had silicon dun this way last up to 10 years. I do all fixuters I install this way. and if the silicon matches the colour of the fixture its almost impossible to see that it was siliconed. Again the trick is the cleaning, the vinigar the thin bead so there are no edges to peel and a wet finger. Take it from a plumber who goes the extra mile for his customers. By the way pullstart top sheilf job brother! Like I said before if I was still running the service company Id have you up here in the nort working on my jobs for sure hehehehe.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Vinegar don’t work with this ole’ boy @MikMacMike!  I can’t even clean my own coffee pot!  Yuck yuck!  Now if pickle juice works.... well that’s another story!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

MikMacMike
21 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Vinegar don’t work with this ole’ boy @MikMacMike!  I can’t even clean my own coffee pot!  Yuck yuck!  Now if pickle juice works.... well that’s another story!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

as a matter of fact remeber I was getting the plastic tank from Ebinmaine because my gas tank for big red had almost a full cup or rust the I emptied, well I put just plain white vinigar in the tank while I was waiting for his tank to show up in the mail. in 2 days with a hand full of old nuts and washers the rust was gone right to metal. All my washing tubs and electrolisis equipment are stored deep away in the barn so vinigar is always my last resort. But for the siliconing its just to make sure there is no oils left behind, to make a smooth bead I only ever used plain water. Anyways everyone has there prefered ways right! As long as the job turns out to a high quality is always whats so important.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Only 38’ of silicone to go!

The tub is finished, just where the tile meets the ceiling and walls around the tub, and the front edge along the floor.  

C6265009-63D7-4DEF-A2E4-A21F4AA94017.jpeg

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I don’t understand the extreme makeover show, of all things.  Every step in this room has a “wait 24-72 hours before proceeding to the next step”... they demo and build a gorgeous new house in 7 days!  I claim a tiny bit of smoke and mirrors!

Its the magic of TV !

lt takes a month to shoot 7 days or 

a one hour show! 

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Its the magic of TV !

lt takes a month to shoot 7 days or 

a one hour show! 

Still impressive doing all that in just a month!  

Pullstart

Silicone is finished!  I have to build my sliding door soon, do trim work, hang a few tower holders, and get to the shop for a tractor build!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

My next shower will be a walk in with 

no door or curtain. A 36 inch opening 

to make wheel chair access if ever needed

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

Pullstart

Push buttons are mounted and the drain cover has been coated with Redgard.  It’s ready for some mortar and some stone!

C0A2B9DD-6296-4366-AD93-B9CC2E546576.jpeg

4FF14927-6DEB-4ABE-823C-2148046285F2.jpeg

• Like 4

dells68

I hated Redguard when we redid our shower.  Not hard to put on,but looked like a scene from a horror pic!!

• Haha 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, dells68 said:

I hated Redguard when we redid our shower.  Not hard to put on,but looked like a scene from a horror pic!!

Don’t worry man, I don’t plan to open that bucket for a long while now...

My river rock layout looks decent enough to mix up some mortar!

856E1DCD-4BAC-45DC-A066-A4D22F9C1F71.jpeg

EF424B9E-3EF4-41D1-9836-A06301EEBD24.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Looks like it’ll do just fine.  I have left over grout still, but I made the mistake of discarding my sealer.  It’s expensive stuff, I’ll find the smallest bottle possible to finish seal that.

DD31791F-B765-459F-98A0-AE30153B10CD.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart

Some day, we’ll have a dining room that is not a construction area.  That’ll be weird.

until then, I’ve got a recruit helping me seal the last of the grout and river rock!

88EE2577-B4D9-4F75-9EE6-9273AB1AE19C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Fits in great with it’s surroundings!

5F39A297-C5D3-40D5-8306-203ADADA097E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

We have been using the shower for a few weeks now and have yet to install any towel hangers.  A few items like shelving, full length mirror, etc have been added... but towels are draped over the wall.

12BBE3C2-6D1D-429F-A4B3-FA7846A902D6.jpeg.66bfe2997b966a3cceb8bc15be48b5bc.jpeg

E45EC2E4-6DC6-462B-9C82-B708301F97CA.jpeg.94e59929ec3d31c0803c4a066601e67e.jpeg

We noticed the wall area between the shower and tub stays dry, plus a towel would be handy for either option bathing or showering.

I tried a cement drill on a scrap piece of tile and quickly realized drilling tile is no joke!  I have a diamond tipped core drill that was used to make holes for the push button shower controls, but couldn’t seem to find a reasonably sized anchor to hold the screws for the hangers.  We got a set of these fancy tile drill bits from Amazon and with plenty of constant fresh water from a spray bottle, things are looking like a finished bathroom is coming soon!

CA7833E5-CB07-451B-A81E-39DDFC05AA7F.jpeg

92C19075-C06E-43FE-AFC4-A72931A9F7A1.jpeg

9EC7E170-C0F3-4FAC-AEA9-D72A57E1783B.jpeg

AC895C21-E144-42DD-B297-49B8641DAF7D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Both sets of holes are drilled.  Tile is no joke!  It’s amazing how hard it is to drill, yet how easy it is to break!

• Like 1

Pullstart

I forgot to take a picture of the back of the hangers, but I made a tall /\ shape on the back with 100% silicone to shed any water that might get behind the hangers.  

23E32F07-E291-4479-A4F5-D3141B317A7C.jpeg

B91040CE-2293-4CF5-944F-86146D23C45B.jpeg

0E0F0A29-9159-4243-BABF-3000D37FC4A4.jpeg

• Excellent 4

19richie66

Nice work

• Thanks 1

Achto

If you ever take on another tile job, there is a product called Grout Boost. If you mix your cement based grout with this instead of water, there is no need to go back & seal the grout. It's a little spendy but a big time saver.

https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/tile-stone/tile-installation-maintenance/tile-grout-caulk/grout-boost-reg-grout-additive-for-sanded-and-unsanded-grout-27-oz/7155298714/p-1444432143432-c-6582.htm

• Thanks 1

JCM

Hi Kev, what did you think of the titanium bits ?  I have to drill tile quite frequently when I do finish work in these fancy bathrooms and of course to fasten the closet flange to the floor to fasten the water closet to. I have been using milwaukee diamond drill bits and have had fairly good luck with them. Most all tile nowadays is very hard and difficult to deal with so don't feel alone. Nice to see you are nearing the end. Patience is your friend.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
Just now, JCM said:

Hi Kev, what did you think of the titanium bits ?  I have to drill tile quite frequently when I do finish work in these fancy bathrooms and of course to fasten the closet flange to the floor to fasten the water closet to. I have been using milwaukee diamond drill bits and have had fairly good luck with them. Most all tile nowadays is very hard and difficult to deal with so don't feel alone. Nice to see you are nearing the end. Patience is your friend.

For the 12 bucks for a 5 or 6 pack of bits, it was worth it for 4 holes!  Bosch has a nice looking kit that I ordered but it was hung up in shipping so I found this cheapie set and figured I’d give it a whirl. I bet if I kept fresh water in the spray bottle running the drill, it would last longer than I’d imagine a cheap off brand drill should ever last!  5 star rating from me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1