WildmanC120

C-120 PTO to Deck Belt Install

WildmanC120

Never had to do this before as the tractor is new to me.  I have a new belt here but unsure on the routing.  Anyone have any pics?

Ed Kennell

IMG_7321.JPG.23099df204d3c6f3cabaafdcc8c1d997.JPG

Ypu have to swing the PTO hoop to the rear to get the belt on the PTO.  And you have to remove the guard on the mule drive to get the belt on those pulleys.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WildmanC120
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

IMG_7321.JPG.23099df204d3c6f3cabaafdcc8c1d997.JPG

Ypu have to swing the PTO hoop to the rear to get the belt on the PTO.  And you have to remove the guard on the mule drive to get the belt on those pulleys.

I should have just looked at it before posting. It was pretty simple.  7/16" bolt and nut and the PTO loop flips back.  1-1/8" nut on the mule drive guard and that slide off.  Belt basically falls into place then.  

I bought a 1/2"x96" belt. Seems to fit fine and has a decent amount of adjustment left.  Is this correct?

Racinbob

To simplify things a fuzz you can replace the clevis with this style:

5b48fabeee53e_1976PTO.jpg.a17fd18ff44f5f8009c313e46ea6a35d.jpg

Then you just pull the pin, pivot the clevis down and the yoke swings out of the way. :)

• Like 1

TDF5G

These pics may be of some help.  I took these for a buddy of mine a while back to get his belt routed correctly.

FROM IPHONE 069.JPG

FROM IPHONE 070.JPG

FROM IPHONE 071.JPG

FROM IPHONE 072.JPG

B-80 PULLEY BOX.JPG

MOWER DECK LABEL.JPG

peter lena

good idea to remove the mule drive belt cover nut, while its still mounted on the tractor, that gives you the mechanical advantage to loosen the nut. also the fact of having plenty of adjustment is indicating the correct belt size. note the front of the drive is flat and level, when properly adjusted. that setting is also at its strongest setting on the dial threaded rod, very unlikely to vibrate or shake while in use. I put a soft coil spring on the pto safety clip down to the base of the pto swing arm mounting, to stop buzzing vibration. also lubricated any friction points, like upper clevis . pretty simple, good luck , pete

• Like 2