Macgyver

What size tires

Macgyver

I have a 1991 520H. I know the original tire size on the front are 16 x 6.50 x 8

I want to go to 18 x 6.50 x 8 or wider will the 8.50 fit on stock rims. And thinking 

About 25x10 x12 atv tires on rear. Has anyone got any knowledge about these options?

ebinmaine

The fronts will fit on the rim, yes.

The thing to consider ... Do you mow with this machine and can you adjust the deck to make up for the larger tires?

As for atv tires on a GT... They'll work fine and lots of folks use them but.... they are most often a Much lower load range.

If You Never Tow Anything Heavy with this machine you'll be fine.

I wouldn't use them because that's all I use mine for.

Why the ATV tires?

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, Macgyver said:

I have a 1991 520H. I know the original tire size on the front are 16 x 6.50 x 8

I want to go to 18 x 6.50 x 8 or wider will the 8.50 fit on stock rims. And thinking 

About 25x10 x12 atv tires on rear. Has anyone got any knowledge about these options?

The 1990 and newer 520s originally came with 16x7.50-8 front tires not 6.50s so yes an extra 1" wider will work and the extra 2" taller only works out to be 1" in reality ... As far as the ATV tires just have to watch the ply and weight ratings for what you intend to do with it just like @ebinmaine said above, Jeff.

• Like 1

98layinframe

If your willing to modify the tractor a little, raising the seat pan an inch will allow you to squeeze a set of 26x12's on there... which will also help raise the tractor enough in the rear to level it with those 2" taller front tires your talking about getting.

Edited by 98layinframe

Lee1977

I put 25 x 900 x 12 Carlisle All Trail II on my 312-8. I raised the fender bracket, gas tank and fender1 3/4".

SAM_0453.jpg