Firebug

D200 hood decals

Firebug

I was curious if anyone knows the proper placement of the hood decals for a 74 d200. Looking on line I’m seeing quite a few different locations and different color stickers. Some are white letters with a red background, some are black letters with a white background. The kit I bought is red with the white letters. As far as placement I’ve seen it almost centered along the bottom edge of the hood, others are centered approximately 1-2” up from the bottom edge. Any help on the proper placement is appreciated. And what does the different placement and colors signify. Thanks guys

Firebug

Truthfully I’m not sure where the decals came from. My dad ordered them and gave them to me as a gift. 

pacer

These are Terrys decals on a (obviously!) D160, - D200 would be same. His decals are the BOMB!!

IMG_3486.JPG.09d7a4d8658826a9621e078c06cbf0f8.JPG

• Excellent 1

Firebug

They look great. I’ll definitely be looking for those for my next project. Still looking for the proper placent of the hood decal though. 

pfrederi

Mine are on the bottom edge...Think they are original

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Excellent 1

pacer

I dont think the decals placement are super critical, between mine and Pauls pics you can get the idea - About 3/8-3/4" above the edge of hood and an inch or so from the hood latch. My D-180's decals were original, as were my D-200 and I have used their placement to copy when adding the new ones.

Firebug

Ok, I think that’s what I was looking for, apparently there was no specific placent of them when they were original. Was there a significance in the colors? Different years, models, etc

pfrederi

Probably Years

dells68

Here's a pic of a completely original D160 I picked up at the big show(replacement motor), but you vet the idea.  They are almost dead even with the bottom of the hood.

61E59BAE-78B7-4C21-B03F-232D1BF37760.jpeg

Firebug

These are my other 2, there’s a difference in the location of them. I guess it doesn’t matter where they go, just so they are on there. Unfortunately I sold them before I could get measurements of the placement 

C6921856-7859-442D-BD8B-648851406640.jpeg

DA4D8638-94D9-410C-8ACE-9C76FE795403.jpeg