Pullstart

Shop project...

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah you shouldn't do that either....

Right Jeff ???

I wasn't sleep deprived but yes I was tired I should have left that one till...well you know...can't wait got to get it done yesterday.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I wasn't sleep deprived but yes I was tired I should have left that one till...well you know...can't wait got to get it done yesterday.

..... We're both the same way here too.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Got some racking put up today...

2317B2D1-EC74-4173-B394-F1A0E4AAE966.jpeg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Boy, that's a big rack you've got there Kevin.  :text-imsorry:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
Just now, AMC RULES said:

:eusa-think:  Boy, that's a big rack you've got there Kevin.  :text-imsorry:

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:hand: Well...somebody had to do it. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

It's true Craig. It's true. And I'm glad you did.

Pullstart

Some things..... you just can’t hide.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

ebinmaine

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh my......

Tractorhead

Rack? 

Maybe some barn for new Projects? 😂👍

19richie66

I’m jealous he has a “forklift”

Tractorhead

Jap and in the upper right section i maybe found a tractor...😄

Aehm... A tractor Project???? 

Edited by Tractorhead

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Jap and in the upper right section i maybe found a tractor...😄

Aehm... A tractor Project???? 

That’s the sheet metal donor for Frank. :handgestures-thumbupright:  

9D5B3075-DC88-451C-A9B8-B58AA097AE28.jpeg

Pullstart
5 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I’m jealous he has a “forklift”

Not mine...  but not sure when it’ll ever leave the shop.  So I use it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

Small victories...  huge gains!  Got all the uprights in place, now time for more crossmembers and decking and organizing!

994345BE-93C1-43FC-9E27-B1507C5F3831.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I mentioned the other day that the transmission in my plow truck went... I lost reverse just like that.  I got it pulled this morning and ran a quick 5 hr round trip to the shop I got it from.  The warranty expired on January 15, but they helped me out with a decent deal that I couldn’t refuse.  I can’t get the parts to do it myself as cheap as they can do the job including labor and a good torque converter.  Now it’s a 3-5 day wait to saddle up and go get it again.

E7BEFFBE-9FAD-45DF-9926-28B373B44DA0.jpeg

DC1FB668-5605-40EB-AB82-C59B3EF7E9F0.jpeg

E4A3DE1E-94D4-4008-8445-49315DD8A9F3.jpeg

• Like 2

LengerichKA88

At least they didn’t just blow you off over the warranty. Doesn’t happen as often as it used to. 

Pullstart
1 minute ago, KyleLengerich said:

At least they didn’t just blow you off over the warranty. Doesn’t happen as often as it used to. 

He wasn’t so pleasant in person, but one of his employees was nice enough to help me unload it and take some notes.  I hope all goes well...

pfrederi

i am a bit surprised they did that given that it was a plow truck.  Never ever want to buy a used plow truck...

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

i am a bit surprised they did that given that it was a plow truck.  Never ever want to buy a used plow truck...

I agree...but it was worth a call.  On my defense, I do make sure I come to a stop before shifting which is a huge transmission killer, plus I have a big finned aluminum pan and auxiliary cooler to keep the temps down.  This truck had a “fresh rebuilt” transmission when I bought it and the reverse went out the first time I plowed with it.

• Sad 1

Pullstart

It’s 3 pm, I’ve got a rebuilt transmission, new torque converter and an external filter that I plan to install on the return line from the cooler.  They do that on race cars, I might as well on my plow rig.

9497AF2D-E849-4781-8BF1-6FEF65967D75.jpeg

3829AAE1-8CCA-44FB-B7D0-7CA7BAF0EFC7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

When it rains.... we’ll today it’s snowing.

3:55, trans is back out.  Grrrr.  

Time me to get those aluminum welding skills out again!

63C33482-0156-4698-A648-EDE3578299D4.jpeg

• Sad 5

PeacemakerJack

Ouch Kevin! That doesn’t look good at all...sorry buddy.  You’ll get it—you always do!

Pullstart

A little dressing, I bet it’ll work.  Silver lining, the TC needed a bit more turning and seating into the pump.  

E828C1EE-BADD-4B90-A7E0-F09620B8AD8E.jpeg

0C171992-8DD1-4E9B-8666-D68EC6502547.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Hi Kevin,

it seems you're lost by fortuna...

pressing my thumbs, it will last and will be stable enough and close, that you can work again.

A thing i asking myself everytime about warranty, why did they offer a Warranty

if the found about 200 reasons to get out?

Just as an "Marketing gag" to Sale? It seems to me so.

Independent if a truck is used for snow plow or for some other reasons,

Trucks shall be build for Work, with this arguments they advice.

If the Tranny dies before lifetime was reached the Things shall be clear to me.

(continouse Service must be done)

When it pulls heavy Trailers, the Gear has also to handle the force as by pulling a Snow Plow.

Exception by normally wear matreial like Dampers, Springs, Joints they stronger used under heavy Work.

But The whole Drivetrain must handle the Force the Car or Truck delivers as i find.

Independent by the use.

I see sometimes our Post guy's how they rape their trucks, mostly harder as any Snowplow can do, i bet.

Special in Wintertimes they rush the Trucks in deep snow and rape the Truck

fore back fore to get out again after delivery they are allway's in strong hurry and trust me,

they don't do this carefully at all.

Here also the Drivetrain must last under extreme hardcore use.

Warranty is a thing i allway's ask myself about, everybody tries to give you before Selling

and if you have once trouble, the try to do anything to get out of.

Not very seriousely in my humble opinion, hope you do better experience.

• Thanks 1