Pullstart

Shop project...

Pullstart

Re-skinned half of my V plow tonight.  The other side will likely come next.  The structure of the plow is intact, but I’m tired of being able to see through the plow in so many spots!  I formed the skin with a 2x4 and a big hammer, then used clamps and 2 by wedges to snug it up.

ED6AF049-95BA-44AF-B981-C04E2199C1F2.jpeg

C1BD716F-EF19-4113-842C-DD4F269E5C83.jpeg

FDA1F887-1BA1-4931-B8AC-3A63F62D3447.jpeg

D62E6036-3C8A-4436-89DC-B41FFD21C782.jpeg

D043C538-5939-456E-A177-981FDF54647C.jpeg

41090B43-D3B3-4A61-8F64-0821BF334806.jpeg

F2085602-C650-46AE-BDE4-6A30D2C60A73.jpeg

8DAA9107-DD6B-497C-B8AC-550DE371F7DF.jpeg

F318E1F0-B258-4F14-A03F-2215FE145530.jpeg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

tired of being able to see through the plow in so many spots

Hahaha!

Yeah that's usually bad.

The other thing I noticed is that it seems like a rather large plow for a Wheelhorse but I guess you could use a truck...

:ychain:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

It’s like an “I Spy” game in the shop lately...  this lift is my father in-law’s but has no room for it.  So now, it’ll be kept warm here!

A9FD0122-9836-481D-93A0-42F327F0C33B.jpeg

• Like 2

19richie66

Yeah those have to be kept warm.😎👍 Nice lifts

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Just a good comparison of what a clean and slightly smooth blade will yield you.  I was cleaning 2-4” of snow this morning, within a 4 mile radius.  The temp was 32 so wet, sloppy stuff.

F9B8582F-8F42-4586-BC0A-DC26C920B6BD.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

No wasted ceiling space, the bolts are touching the rafter skins.  I’m excited to have a 2 post near the floor drain.  It’ll be good for working on vehicles during the winter.  We still need to anchor and wire it up, but it’s in place at least!

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

rjg854
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, pullstart said:

It’s like an “I Spy” game in the shop lately...  this lift is my father in-law’s but has no room for it.  So now, it’ll be kept warm here!

A9FD0122-9836-481D-93A0-42F327F0C33B.jpeg

Thanks for taking one for the team :text-bravo:

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

Got a Gator Products tonneau cover from RealTruck.com and had some time to get it put on.  Fitment is good, but there were broken pieces in the box and I had to contact the manufacturer for replacement pieces.  After installation, I figured out the prop rod clip is broken too, so I’ll call Monday for a replacement.  I guess this means no more 4 horse haulin’ for the Colorado... without some more creative loading!

973ACDB1-4288-4308-BC9B-8599D4E34597.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

It allows half open transport or full open loading and each “half panel” latches closed so with a locking tailgate this becomes a locked truck bed. 

22653C13-28E2-4EB4-BB9F-9FA072DBA5F8.jpeg

928A7DEB-3633-47D8-A1B1-9132A5404AC9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Guess you’ll just have to leave the cover at home when you go to the show.👍

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Guess you’ll just have to leave the cover at home when you go to the show.👍

But now we’re secure to visit y’all in a few weeks!

LengerichKA88

You can borrow my trailer.... I’m on the way, depending on how you get there, and then I don’t have to worry about hauling it myself 😂🤣:ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

This would haul some horses, need some new shoes and some lovin’ before a 650 mile trek!

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

953 nut
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I guess this means no more 4 horse haulin’ for the Colorado..

Yes, but Norman could carry five or six!      :ROTF:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Yes, but Norman could carry five or six!      :ROTF:

You know it brother!

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

@pullstart

That C10 sounds sweet as honey..

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Kevin—WHAT’S THE DEAL? Have you ever told the story of that beauty in the vintage trucks thread? I seem to remember something about this truck but I think it would be awesome to stick some pics of it there and tell us about it.  Maybe you have and I just need to read the whole thread again.:hide:

Nice tonneau cover by the way.  I have some buddies that have them and love they way that they work and function.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Had some spare time tonight, got the 2 post hoist squared and anchored!  Next step, finishing up the cables and wiring.

79BFF9DF-154B-4BC3-B6C7-06A727453FBC.jpeg

2D40E241-8701-4820-9FAF-497165F0AB65.jpeg

• Like 3

Chris G

Just caught this thread and I got to say very nice welding! Also love the old chevy.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
9 hours ago, Chris G said:

Just caught this thread and I got to say very nice welding! Also love the old chevy.

Thanks Chris!  I’ve taken a few classes, back when I was fresh outta high school I was in the tool and die trade for a while.  It’s a very useful skill to have around here!

The truck, how could someone not like it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

One benefit to being short?  Max height on the hoist arms are about 4” above my head!  One less trip hazard.

89ED9D4B-E802-4CE2-90E1-810DED511412.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart

I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.  I feel like I haven’t slept in days, this was a big job for 1 guy!

A310EF0C-3F7F-4A29-8866-588B9EF63AEC.jpeg

9DED56E9-66A4-426E-A145-4CF713E0BD6F.jpeg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

feel like I haven’t slept in days,

Eeezzee there mister

Welding and not sleeping can be a tough mix...

WVHillbilly520H
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Eeezzee there mister

Welding and not sleeping can be a tough mix...

Or sawing trees :unsure:.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Or sawing trees :unsure:.

Yeah you shouldn't do that either....

Right Jeff ???

• Like 1