19richie66

Please be safe out there!

wfrpalm

That sucks, Prayers.

• Like 2

Tractor boy

Praying and sorry for yours. Their loss.

• Like 2

953 nut

By the grace of God I have survived a few incidents that should have taken my life in the past. Older and wiser I tend to take a long look at things before and during each job. I will include the Ojeda family in my daily devotion.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

My sympathies to your friend's family, Jeff.

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Sorry for your and his family's loss. Any lack of attention to what you are doing can be deadly.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

So sorry for your loss.   Prayers to you and the Ojeda family.

• Like 1

stevebo

Terrible to hear Ritchie. Sorry for the loss of your friend. I think about it all the time. In my line of work your point is well taken. 

• Like 1

r356c

Our prayers for your friend and the Ojeda family Richie.

Mr. Ojeda is the first Disney employee work fatality I can remember, ever.

That he was a close friend of yours is sad news indeed. 

• Like 1

19richie66
2 hours ago, r356c said:

Our prayers for your friend and the Ojeda family Richie.

Mr. Ojeda is the first Disney employee work fatality I can remember, ever.

That he was a close friend of yours is sad news indeed. 

There have been other cast member deaths and they constantly focus on safety out here. This is just a hard pill to swallow. He had just graduated our apprentice program and took my spot in the equipment shop last year when I transferred out to where I am at now. I got to be one of his journeymen and we became good friends. I dont have all the details but I just keep playing it over and over in my mind what could possibly have happened and what he went through. 

• Sad 1

JPWH

Richie I'm  sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to you and his family.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Our prayers are with the Ojeda family, you and all the rest of his friends. Nancy saw that yesterday and immediate told me about it knowing that you worked there.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Prayers just sent.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Godspeed...

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Richie, you and yours, and your friends family have my sympathy and empathy.

Be strong. Deal with it in the best way you can. Only you know what way that is. It'll take you a few days at the very least to process through this and you may never forget it. And that's okay. That's perfectly normal. Just please try to process it correctly and not dwell too much on any given thing.

I've been involved with the training of a lot of commercial drivers and forklift operators and crane operators over the years. I've been lucky or maybe picky enough that I've worked for companies that were safe. No matter what you try to do there is always that unexpected thing and incidents do happen.

Your Wheelhorse friends are here for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I suppose I don’t frequent all parts of this site enough, I’m sorry to finally hear of yours and your friend’s loss Richie.  

Though I am not one to practice every safety precaution in the book, it saddens me to hear that a death or multiple deaths are the root-cause or so many safety practices, or even traffic lights.  In the past few years we had a bridge built on the north side of our one-light town and connected to a major trucking inlet (the road I live on now).  Where the new road meets the main highway, it is an accuse/obtuse intersection and there is a ton of traffic using the route.  As much as I don’t like to see new lights go up in many places, this intersection needs it.  I don’t know the cost of installing such a fixture, but I know it’s not worth a few more people dying.  I wish the officials that be would do their studyies during peak hours, shift changes at the 2000+ employee factory, etc.  When it hits close to home, we are all small town people and it effects someone we know, if not directly.

• Like 1