Bertie

512D arrived today..

peter lena

looks like a well cared for piece, good going , Pete

• Like 1

Sparky

Jealous!! Us in the states would love to have a factory diesel to buy. 

Can’t understand why it was never offered here.

• Like 3

peter lena

mike, did I pick up those mower decks from you, 42" rd, ?   Pete trying to contact you  

wh500special

I like it!  Would love to have had one.

Those little 8.5 hp Robins are sweet little engines.  Noisy suckers, but they are more powerful than you'd expect.

Looks like it had a rear grass collection vacuum on it at one time (belt guard and weight bracket).

Congrats,

Steve

• Like 1

farmer

I have the same model and can testify that it certainly  sounds like a bag of spanner’s, but it’s so good on fuel, looks to be a nice straight example.

Sure you’ll be pleased.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Sparky
43 minutes ago, peter lena said:

mike, did I pick up those mower decks from you, 42" rd, ?   Pete trying to contact you  

@peter lena ...yep, you bought a couple rear discharge decks off me. Send me a PM...

PeacemakerJack

Wow!  What a cool little “smoker”:handgestures-thumbupright: If they ever offered one of those Stateside, I’d for sure have an example in my corral! That one looks to be well cared for and should sip fuel as it works hard—nice find!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Wow!  What a cool little “smoker”:handgestures-thumbupright: If they ever offered one of those Stateside, I’d for sure have an example in my corral! That one looks to be well cared for and should sip fuel as it works hard—nice find!

Kinda makes me wanna build a baby diesel C series.....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: Eric—That would be cool! Just like @shallowwatersailor‘S Paladin!  That would be challenging yet very fun and rewarding build. 

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
39 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: Eric—That would be cool! Just like @shallowwatersailor‘S Paladin!  That would be challenging yet very fun and rewarding build. 

A photo from the archives! Josh, the 523Dxi was Paladin and the DC-105 was Dillon. Paladin is now in New Jersey and Dillon is in Massachusetts. Both really nice oil burners.

DSC02274.JPG.7a2997f70f3e18a4cc6ae980507f8c3a.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

peter lena
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

@peter lena ...yep, you bought a couple rear discharge decks off me. Send me a PM...

roadapples

I've got a Robin standby generator made by Subaru...

• Like 1

ericj

it has the bracket for the front mount weights, and I believe the front wheels maybe on backwards, over here in the US the valve stems go on the inside, but a European model could be different

eric j 

• Like 3

Bertie

Your probably right as my C121 and 161 valves are on the inside... Possibly a fellow English owner thinking it was correct Eric :)

Edited by Bertie
Text
  • Like 1

Bertie

At some point someone removed the fuel bowl and filter and replaced it with a cheap plastic inline filter. I have nemerous engine parts I bought with it so had a rummage and found all the required discarded parts.. bonus! ... Cleaned everything up orderd a paper filter so will fit it and see what the problem was..

20180711_150852_zps6oqzp3uf.jpg[/URL]

gwest_ca

Not much available. Just making sure you are aware of it. Click on the pictures

Garry

• Like 1

Bertie
12 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Not much available. Just making sure you are aware of it. Click on the pictures

Garry

Thanks Garry, I found the ones posted on a previous 512D topic... Much appreciated 

Des

Edited by Bertie

Skipper

would really like to see a picture of it with that unique drive belt "casing/guard" off. Wonder if the input pulley and idlers are also extended outwards like the engine pulley looks like it is ?

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

mrc

you europe guys are super lucky because wh sold a diesel powered machine over there.   it kills me that europe has diesel powered cars that get tremendous mileage and we are stuck with gas burning models that get much less mileage.  that belt guard looks like the old belt guard for a C series that had the extra belt to run the rear mounted leaf vac.  best regards mike in mass. USA

• Like 1