19richie66

Karen’s 1054

953 nut
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I have to get it back to a roller though so it’s easier to move

It will be even easier to move if the engine is running and the steering is functional!       :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

It will be even easier to move if the engine is running and the steering is functional!       :ychain:

Now you see Richie... ^^^^^^^^^^^ That's what we call a valid point.

No honey I can't fix the house.

YOU wanted a tractor. I'm fixing this for you....

Hehehehehe.....

• Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-bravo:these are all good points and show good common sense concerning the parts you brought home.  If it is “AT LEAST” a roller, then you won’t be struggling having to move all those parts out of the way to get at tools and materials to work on the house:roll:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19richie66

:text-yeahthat:exactly!

Edited by 19richie66

19richie66
On 7/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

Don't forget Richie  I make the seats for those. Maybe a nice red and white seat to go with that custom paint job..

I already have you in mind for the job!

• Excellent 1

19richie66

The more I clean parts and look at @Shynon 1054 thread, the more I see is missing or worn out. I guess when I bought a project, it is really a project. Spindles, draglink and tie bar are all toast, hydraulic pump is missing, no wiring harness or switches. But that grille with that twin poking out. 👍 I hear the moans and groans of the purists already :laughing-rolling:

DBE9E284-621E-4A4B-AE2C-6BE0D7CA19BB.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

when I bought a project, it is really a project

The fun of it.....

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

953 nut
36 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

that grille with that twin poking out. 👍

Image result for I like it!       Image result for I like it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

So last night I was looking over the pile of parts I have thinking what do I need to make it a true 1054? What do I need to melt the 417 and 1054 together to make one tractor? What can I do with all the parts I have? After looking at the rear plate where the transmission mounts, there is no way to drill holes for a standard transmission bolt pattern because the holes would be in conflict of each other’s bolt pattern, I would have to horizontally slot them. Not happening. So then I got this idea. I have already cut the rear fender assembly off of it. Somehow I hope to make this removeable for service access. I am cutting off the complete steering tower/side panel assembly (in one piece) and welding it onto a gt14 frame. Chop the front 3” extra length off the frame and I’m back to the same length as stock or leave it and have room for the twin. Engine is up in the air at this point. Once I get the frame welded up, I’ll mount the eaton 1100 transmission on the rotating stand I made for a widening session. Going to try and make a video of the transmission work. No pics yet. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

No pics yet. 

Wwhhaattt ?????

Seriously though. Richie. I can't wait to see that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

1D528968-D280-4A62-866B-B463C0F646B8.jpeg.51f5d84be013248d6d20db42ec429901.jpegF67C21AF-2A46-4E45-BC48-74F3C9069B53.jpeg.825bbd53a85b2cac0197ad216b548587.jpegSorry @ebinmaine Eric. The fuel tank will be removed from under the seat and My son and I will be making a tank(from aluminum) that will set inside the toolbox pocket behind the seat. The top of the tank will be level with the seat base mounting plate. Slant at the bottom will be cut out but half will remain to support the tank. Has a little rust there anyways. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

Looks like a cool plan Richie. I can’t wait to see how this comes together:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Once again, me too! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

953 nut
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I am cutting off the complete steering tower/side panel assembly (in one piece) and welding it onto a gt14 frame. Chop the front 3” extra length off the frame and I’m back to the same length as stock or leave it and have room for the twin.

Why not make a new steering tower that will lean forward slightly and merge with a GT-14 hood?  GT-14 hood is about 3 1/4" longer than a 953/1054 hood so it may line up without modification, but if more engine clearance is needed you could trim the tower to fit.

953 GT-14 hood 001.JPG

19richie66

If I leave the frame alone, I have an extra gt14 hood. Already tried it at the distance required and it looks factory. If I trim the frame down, then I have to buy a 953/1054 hood. The cheap in me says leave the frame alone and use the hood I have. Then I will end up with an extended 1054 but I doubt anyone would even notice. That’s where I am headed :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I doubt anyone would even notice.

:hide:          Only those of us who read this thread!     :ychain:

• Haha 4

19richie66

That would be about 4 maybe 5 people? :laughing-rolling:

Anyways, here is the tower assembly sitting on the gt14 frame. Then with the 1054 dash and nose with a gt14 hood. Looks like it was made for it. I’m tickled pink. :icecream:

D5CED40E-B9F3-4FFB-B3E4-B84B668546D0.jpeg

F0CCAC7F-6AEF-4F6A-B09A-775D3480663A.jpeg

435DF405-81D6-46AF-BEC6-C4573322356C.jpeg

• Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Your secret will not be safe with this crew. HA HA

• Haha 4

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                   With a bit of trimming that K Twin will be right at home.                    :woohoo:

• Excellent 2

19richie66

I have the K341 I got from racingbob I thought about using. The twin would be nice sitting in there though. @953nut you are the guru....... what would you do?  :confusion-confused:

• Confused 1

953 nut
6 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I have the K341 I got from racingbob I thought about using. The twin would be nice sitting in there though. @953nut you are the guru....... what would you do?  :confusion-confused:

As you know I just bought three K Twin engines; I would get out the shoehorn and figure a way to side that twin in there.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 3

19richie66

Well I guess I better get a bigger shoe horn. :thumbs:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Welded the 1054 tower assembly to the gt14 frame. Ordered an Eaton 1100 case gasket and axle seals for the transaxle. Want to get it to roller status.

5F8FDCF4-264B-4AD6-9E41-DC0DB673EBE3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

SALTYWRIGHT

DO LIKE I DID ,I PUT A DIESEL IN MY 1054.   RUSS

• Haha 2

RandyLittrell

I think you are making the right move. GT's are always a little too short and stubby to start with and that extended 1054(2054)? is gonna look damn good! 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1