RJ Hamner

75 C-160H The Fun Begins Now!

ebinmaine

Sweeeet

I'll be following along to see how this one goes. After my honey's 657 is done we're Switching gears to my c-160 - 8.

• Like 3

oliver2-44

Great Tractor, I have a 74 like it, but mines doesn't purr consistently yet.  Mine has some worn governor linkage and I'm waiting on one more part to replace it.  

RJ Hamner

Pulled the battery and was able to get the wiring harness out (after I labeled all the connections) in one piece. 

Should be able to make a brand new one when the time comes.

Hood, fenders, running boards, PTO, belt guards all pulled.

Today was TOO hot to mow (96 deg) and the finish on the moulding for the room downstairs needed to cure for another day so.....

Today was bath day.  Soaked everything down with Oil Eater (great stuff).  Let it soak for a while then attacked it with the power washer.

Forty years of grim gone in 30 minutes.:D

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0760.JPG

DSC_0762.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Tractor boy

:popcorn:

RJ Hamner

Got it all stripped down to the frame.

Removed the frame from the tranny/hydro.

Stripped the frame down to bare metal with the sidewheel grinder with 80 grit flap sander and a needle gun.

Couple of coats or itching primer and decided to do something different and went with gloss black.

Thought it came out pretty good

DSC_0767.JPG

DSC_0769.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Hey a little mix or black with the red is good in my book!

98586E10-3971-4FDA-BB4A-B086629B769F.jpeg

• Like 4

Tractor boy

It’s looking good!

Chris G

The black frame and transaxle looks good to me as well.

IMG_20160715_110028744.jpg

IMG_20160715_110020868.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

RandyLittrell

Next Horse on my list to do is gonna have a black tranny, frame and front axle! 

Randy

• Like 1

RJ Hamner

While I was waiting on the axle seals got busy with the blast cabinet and sander.

DSC_0773.JPG

DSC_0774.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

RJ Hamner

Found some time to get a little work done. This tractor had the soft spongy steering wheel. I had a 74 C-120 that had the same steering wheel couldn't get either one off even with a press.  One gave its life so I could get the shaft. The other made me really mad. I think it's going to be a "yard ornament"  I really like the hard plastic type anyway so guess I will have to find one.  A-Z maybe?

DSC_0779.JPG

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, RJ Hamner said:

really like the hard plastic type anyway so guess I will have to find one.  A-Z maybe?

Absolutely. Lincoln can probably help you out. If not, post an ad in the wanted section.

Your 160 is looking wonderful.

Keep up the good work.

The Tuul Crib

Just a little bit of jealousy here! 

Excellent work !!!

cleat

Looking great !

Nothing like a nicely cleaned up machine.

Cleat

RJ Hamner

It's been kind of hit and miss getting time to work on it but...... I did find a steering wheel for richmandred1that cleaned up really nice.

Broke down the engine so I could send it out to the machine shop.

The hobbs meter on it said 1823.7 but I found out it was broken so not sure how much time it has on the engine. 

It had a STD piston and like I said earlier it ran real nice without any smoke!?!

The blast cabinet has been getting a workout.  Lots of little parts and a couple of bigger ones.

And a new set of drag links:rolleyes:

DSC_0794.JPG

DSC_0798.JPG

DSC_0799.JPG

DSC_0800.JPG

DSC_0796.JPG

DSC_0797.JPG

DSC_0795.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

I like your cabinet deco!  Tons of fun shooting black powder!  I haven’t found my cleaning kit since our move last year, so the muzzle loader hasn’t seen any action.

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: I also spotted your SASS sticker.  I have shot CAS for the last decade plus!  Another fun hobby to be involved with for sure.  

Great job on your restore, can’t wait to see the finished project:popcorn:

RJ Hamner

Sent the engine to the machine shop and had some free time. 

Started on the hood and running boards..

Took then down to bare metal, self etching primer and Regal Red.

They were looking real good and then I was looking at the panel on the right side that hides the belt (aaarggg)

Took it back down and put a skim coat of some 3M body putty and repainted

Looks real good now

Started on the seat pan. 

DSC_0803.JPG

DSC_0804.JPG

DSC_0805.JPG

DSC_0807.JPG

• Excellent 5

RJ Hamner

After spending a month in St. Louis working on our "other" house then coming back and playing "catch-up" with all the "get ready for winter" stuff I got to spend some time in the shop.

Got the engine back from the machine shop (they do great work but expensive) and I started putting it back together.

DSC_0812.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

RJ Hamner

Got a couple more days without any "honey-do's" so I got to spend some time working on the tractor.:D

I've always said the trying to get all the parts together for a rebuild was like a "scavenger hunt" which at times can be a challenge.:)

But trying to remember where I put those parts can be an even more frustrating challenge because they have to be somewhere within the 24' x 24' space that is my workshop.:eusa-think:

Then again I am the kind of guy that can lay a tool down, take two steps away from it and spend 20 minutes trying to find where I put it.  AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!:laughing-rofl:

DSC_0814.JPG

DSC_0815.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, RJ Hamner said:

am the kind of guy that can lay a tool down, take two steps away from it and spend 20 minutes trying to find where I put it.  AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!:laughing-rofl:

Me too......

The C looks excellent !!!

• Haha 2

Sarge

At my age - starting to consider the use of tethers to control wayward tools. Always seems to be a pile of them when I come into the house in my pockets/bibs/coat that ends up on the desk - waiting for the next trip towards the toolbox, which I always have to do twice to actually remember to get done. I have a worse time with hardware - got enough to stock a local store but still have to make regular trips for the stuff I need that I cannot remember where I put it...lol.

Sarge

• Like 1

Razorback

Beee-u-T-fullll!!!!!