Sign in to follow this  
JoeliusZ28

42" deck belt & blade sizes?

JoeliusZ28

Hey All,

I just picked up a bare 42" SD mowing deck i want to put on my 414-8 so it will fit in the bed of my truck.  My tractor currently has a 48" (that doesn't fit).  Does anyone know if the PTO drive belt or blades are interchangeable?  If not what size belt / blades do i need?  Thanks!

Edited by JoeliusZ28

gwest_ca

Click on the picture. The page that comes up has the belts on it and the mower blades if they have a 3/4" center hole. Why won't the 48" deck fit? If it won't the 42" should not fit either unless it is from a different series of tractor. The blades originally had a 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole which are next to impossible to find now. Three blades on both sizes so the blades are obviously different lengths.

Garry

gwest_ca

It's the truck you want to fit.

Same drive belt as 48" deck.

Garry

• Like 1

JoeliusZ28

Sorry, the "doesn't fit" comment referred to the 48" deck not fitting in the bed of my truck when its mounted on the tractor.   The deck fits the tractor, its been used that way for years :).

Thanks for the PDFs and part number.  It looks like it only references one drive belt so the one I have should work then.

I see 14 and 16 inch blades so im guessing the 42 uses 14s.  I think the shop near my house will be able to find them for me.  Thanks!

gwest_ca

14" is correct for the 42".

Garry

• Like 1