Rancid Polecat

Tractor wired by angry beavers

Rancid Polecat

Hello everyone, I recently bought my 8 year old an 875 for tractor show cruising and general trouble-making, and the wiring is a mess to say the least. I've found several wiring diagrams in the reference section but I don"t see one for battery ignition, starter/generator, voltage regulator, and the original 3-terminal switch.  maybe it couldn't, or shouldn't be done? The lighter has also been replaced by an ammeter...

Also, not electrical related, but this tractor seems to not have a tow valve. There is indeed a small hole inside the tool box where the manual says it should be, but it is a small, maybe 1/8" allen-head plug, certainly not anything turned by a 1/2" wrench as the manual indicated.

Thanks for any info.

Mike'sHorseBarn

The wiring diagram you need is in the link below.

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

The manual will also show you where the tow valve is.

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS:

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

@953 nut perhaps you could post a link to the wiring diagram link from a few days back?

Not sure which one would help.....

wfrpalm

I have a 875 and the tow valve is a 1/2" bolt, it can be seen looking straight down at the trans. Just loosen it (1/8 turn) don't remove it and just snug it up when you close it. Good luck.

953 nut
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

@953 nut perhaps you could post a link to the wiring diagram link from a few days back?

Not sure which one would help.....

You mean this one? The third one would work for him if he plans to use a solenoid. If the plan is to use the 3 pole switch then the one Mike provided is the best one.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Rancid Polecat :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

You know that 875 is 1 of the 1st autos that Wheel Horse made?

Have fun with your son working with this tractor.

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Rancid Polecat

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Yes, one of the posted diagrams was the one I needed. I dismantled it tonight and re-engineered it, started it up and drove it around the yard at 10:00, annoying everyone. Just need to address some indignities done to it and Jack can drive it around after school. He's the youngest and his 3 siblings have tractors, he said he could just drive on of those, but a man needs his  own tractor. 

The tow valve is apparently where the manual says it is, on the upper left rear of the transmission under its access hole, but it's certainly not a needle valve. It's just a small pipe plug with an allen wrench head. Haven't messed with it yet really. 

Thanks for the help. If I can figure out how I'll try to get some pictures up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

:WRS: answers to any and all questions can and will be found on this site ;)

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Rancid Polecat said:

a man needs his  own tractor. 

YESS !!!

Be very careful with these :wh:. Horses have been known to be a herd animal.

Many of us have had the most odd of experiences in that they just randomly show up on their own. Sometimes with our help.:lol:

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Great to have you along for the ride.

Don't be concerned about the neighbors. Some people speak tractor and some don't.

• Haha 1

953 nut

:woohoo:                              Glad you worked it out!

May as well join the club.                          5b28e12f55753_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.61bfebda3d5d2dcf2d1138f9580fd2e3.jpg