Sign in to follow this  
HamptonT

Tiller Help!

HamptonT

Well. I’ve got the rock shaft in. Went to hook up the tiller for the first time. Found it interfered with the hitch. Took that off. Now the small idler pulley interferes with the swing shaft clamp on the rear axle. What do I do? Take it off and put it back on backwards?

8AE39D22-5271-4D5F-8109-D33FE199BCDE.jpeg

Edited by HamptonT

HamptonT

I figured it out. If you start with the levers down further it works. Also it doesn’t help the my brackets are not straight on the transaxle housing. Need to fix that. 

HamptonT

What’s the eye bolt for? I’m putting it on a 314-8. No hydraulics. Is this a hydraulic lift point?

F5997C2B-08A2-44C1-8789-2DD64BBC121E.jpeg

doc724
1 minute ago, HamptonT said:

I figured it out. If you start with the levers down further it works. Also it doesn’t help the my brackets are not straight on the transaxle housing. Need to fix that. 

I was just in the middle to responding to you.  Yes, that is the trick.  Suggest you download a manual here as it would have told you that trick.  The next thing that will perplex you is how to get the belt on to the mid idler as the belt seems to be too short.  The answer is to raise up the tiller first with the lift lever.  Now drive pulley on the tiller is just a week bit closer to the engine and you can pull up on the mid idler and slide the belt under it. 

BTW, do not forget to inset pins into the locking levers on the rear tach a matic.  You do nto have to do it on a snow plow, but the tiller can jump around a bit and you do not want it to get undone in the middle of the field

• Like 1

doc724
2 minutes ago, HamptonT said:

What’s the eye bolt for? I’m putting it on a 314-8. No hydraulics. Is this a hydraulic lift point?

The eyebolt connects to the lift assist spring and the other end of the spring connects to a piece of angle iron (which maybe you are missing).  The piece of angle iron sits on top of the transaxle on the left side and the mounting bolts for the rear tach a matic hold it in place.

If you want, send me a PM and I will give you my phone and it will save a lot of time

• Like 1

HamptonT

I figured out the eye bolt too. Helps to look at the manual....

• Like 1

clueless

It can be a bit of a pain by your shelf, the manual definitely helps. I put my tiller on one of those small roll around dollies from harbor fright, makes it a bit easier to put on and off, and to store.

9 hours ago, HamptonT said:

I figured out the eye bolt too. Helps to look at the manual....

HamptonT

WOW!!! What a machine!